Menu

Taking down the tree... Just for fun...

When do you plan on taking down your tree?  

1. 1. When do you plan on taking down your tree?

• Today
    • Sometime this week
    • Sometime next week or later
    • We just leave it up. It's so much easier that way :) (Other...)

Actually it was last night, but I put today. It was almost today when it came down.

We had company over to 'do christmas' last night. We said goodbye in the house and I carred things out to the car and did the final good bye. They were pulling out of the drive as I walked back in the front door.

My husband starting to take down the tree. That quick he already had some stuff packed up. I was :rolleyes::blink: He says "What? Christmas is over!" Me: "But they aren't even off our street yet!"

So it was ALMOST today.

Earliest we'll get it down is this Saturday. Might even end up being next week some time. :o

I actually enjoy sitting in front of it in the evenings and since I really dislike all the work to put it up, I'm reluctant to undo it all and take it down.:tongue_smilie:

It'll be down by mid-January, so I don't think it's up excessively late (fake tree).

I would wait for Epiphany at least, but it was making dh antsy, so it came down yesterday. As someone else observed, it would probably be even harder for my kids to start back to school with the tree up... So maybe it's good. But I love having the tree up!

Other:

We're PUTTING OURS UP this week! We were gone for Christmas and didn't have time to decorate before leaving. Yesterday we bought an artificial tree on 75% off clearance. We're planning to put it up and decorate it this week so we can take stock of what we have and get rid of all the random extra ornaments and decorations that we don't want!

*I* am not taking the tree down.

Its Wolf's sole responsibility this year. Its an artificial we've had for about 5 yrs. It looks horrible. I want it in the garbage. And I sure as heck am not wrestling that sucker back into its box one handed.

So, the short answer is, "Whenever Wolf decides to take it down"

We just had our Christmas gathering with my husband's family yesterday. We host so I left the decorations up. Many came down after all the guest had left last night and the remainder came down this morning. Just about everything has been filed away neatly in the basement. Now I am on the lookout for snowflake or snowman decorations to put up.

*I* am not taking the tree down.

Its Wolf's sole responsibility this year. Its an artificial we've had for about 5 yrs. It looks horrible. I want it in the garbage. And I sure as heck am not wrestling that sucker back into its box one handed.

So, the short answer is, "Whenever Wolf decides to take it down"

Maybe you could possibly try to one hand it out to the curb! I don't blame you for not wanting to tackle it alone. I only had a 3ft tree for my son's room. While undoing all the ornaments and lights, I was thinking how glad I was that we did not do a bigger tree this year.

We just had our Christmas gathering with my husband's family yesterday. We host so I left the decorations up. Many came down after all the guest had left last night and the remainder came down this morning. Just about everything has been filed away neatly in the basement. Now I am on the lookout for snowflake or snowman decorations to put up.

ohhh what a good idea! I do themes for my rooms and snowflakes and snowmen has always been a favorite-but maybe I'll leave them up!

One of my (now grown) nephews has a birthday at the end of December. I've gotten so tired of my SIL telling me ad nauseum, "Because of X's birthday, we always take the tree down immediately after Christmas. We want to make sure his birthday is special, so we get rid of anything Christmas before his birthday, so he can feel special." :rolleyes: I got so sick of hearing that every year, I think now I leave up my decorations for just ages, just so it'll bug the SIL. ;)

Maybe you could possibly try to one hand it out to the curb! I don't blame you for not wanting to tackle it alone. I only had a 3ft tree for my son's room. While undoing all the ornaments and lights, I was thinking how glad I was that we did not do a bigger tree this year.

Nah, cause that would also mean unwinding the lights, etc.

I'm leaving it completely for him to do. :tongue_smilie: