Menu

Logic / Critical thiniking help... 6th grade

My son (11) is doing the Blast off with Logic series. It's challenging and fun at the same time. I think it's a great intro to logic!

http://www.amazon.com/Logic-Liftoff-Bonnie-Risby/dp/1593630883/ref=pd_sim_b_1

:iagree:

We love these and we've gone through quite a few programs. These are our favorite so far.

I wish I could find something very similar for when we complete these.

Mind Benders were fine at first, but as Lori here once said, "they teach only a single, limited type of logic and develop only a single type of puzzle-solving skill.

We found that doing a wide variety of logic and critical thinking puzzles from grades 3-8 was what was most helpful for developing those skills our students used in middle school/high school to be able to compare/contrast, analyze, see patterns and processes, etc. in algebra, history, science, literature, etc. -- as well as preparing our students for a formal Logic course in high school."

We don't particularly care for Dr. Funster's Creative Thinking Puzzlers.

My son (11) is doing the Blast off with Logic series. It's challenging and fun at the same time. I think it's a great intro to logic!

http://www.amazon.com/Logic-Liftoff-Bonnie-Risby/dp/1593630883/ref=pd_sim_b_1

We just finished the last one of these before Christmas. Both my kids really enjoyed them. The first book is easy, but it was a good introduction and I didn't regret taking the time to do them all.

• 2 weeks later...