Menu

Best eyeglasses deal right now?

Has anyone been shopping for eyeglasses lately? If so, where have you found the best deals? And what place never has great deals (so I know to avoid it)?

DD 17 needs a new pair of eyeglasses. Last time we went to LensCrafters and got a beautiful designer pair on clearance, but then they charged us FULL price for the lenses. Turns out they weren't supposed to, there is some kind of law (?) that children up to age 18 are charged cheap price for plastic. Anyway, I won't go to LC again.

zennioptical.com

I haven't personally ordered, but I do know three friends personally who have ordered and it's worked fine. Glasses and lenses for as little as $12! You can even upload a picture of yourself and "try on" your glasses. We're planning to give it a whirl as soon as we get new prescriptions.

Guest momk2000

I have seen ads for many companies offering glasses at low prices as mentioned, but have always been very skeptical. How can they offer glasses at such low prices? I would love to order, but have been very hesitant. My last pair of glasses cost me around $400. I desperately need a new pair, but have not been able to afford them. Something always seems to come up and I keep putting off updating my glasses prescription. :glare:

I never pay full price for glasses. I do have insurance, but even with it, my last pair would have cost around $400. I simply ask if they can do better--usually somewhere, someone has an offer for $99, so I quote that, and it's always matched or undersold. I have thin plastic lenses that are progressives. I go to Hour Eyes, usually.

I have seen ads for many companies offering glasses at low prices as mentioned, but have always been very skeptical. How can they offer glasses at such low prices? I would love to order, but have been very hesitant. My last pair of glasses cost me around $400. I desperately need a new pair, but have not been able to afford them. Something always seems to come up and I keep putting off updating my glasses prescription. :glare:

They can charge a lot less online because they don't have to pay rent and staff at a real store.

My husband and I have gotten progressive lens glasses from zennioptical. They've been fine (at about 40 dollars). After my nightmares getting the local eyeglass shops to fit things correctly, zennioptical was a breeze.

I also have single vision lens glasses that are really cheap from them.

If you have a strong prescription, they do charge a bit more, but it would still be cheaper than going to an eyeglass place.