Menu

People do strange things

Someone left 4 bags of their New Years Eve Party garbage in front of my house last night. Who does that? We are on the corner and they left it on the sidewalk in front of our retaining wall. If my neighbor had not come to tell me that our dog was out of our yard and eating said garbage I would not have known it was there until tomorrow when I went out.

I think it was one of my neighbors who is not happy with us for getting our dog. Or it could have been the crazy guy around the corner who I made clean up after his dog after he was about to walk away.

The whole thing is strange and I was not happy having to pick up someone else's trash that I now have to store until garbage pick up at the end of the week.

Kids who had a party and weren't supposed to have a party. They needed to get rid of the evidence.

We at least used to dump the beer ball and empties in the dumpster behind the Quick Stop. But we never would have dumped them in someone's front yard. However when you are counting on garbage pickup in the early morning at your house, I will say those Monday no garbage holidays will sometimes trip you up!

I found an enormous carton of UNOPENED beer -- way bigger than a six pack, but I don't know what sizes it comes in, just that it was enormous -- in our pasture. We don't have a big pasture, and we're not way out in the boonies. Whoever dropped this off walked quite near our house. And this thing was heavy! (I had to drag it to the trash.)

It totally freaked me out that someone did this. And I can't imagine what happened that they abandoned that much beer, except that I walked out to the barn and startled them. (I often walk out to the barn late at night.)

People are really strange sometimes, I completely agree. On new years eve dh went out to start the car in the morning when the gal who lived in the upper apartment of the duplex across the street yelled to him for help. Her apartment was on fire and 911 needed to be called.

Turns out the downstairs neighbor had been outside but when asked to call 911 they told her they would after they took their dog inside. Huh!! The building is on fire and your going to take your dog back into it before calling???

Dh called 911 on his cell, then brought the poor woman to our house and got her a blanket, and then returned to the duplex and beat on the downstairs door telling them the building was on fire. Their response...."oh we know" ????? Dh then yells "you need to get the h&ll out!!!" they did finally come out about the time the fire trucks were coming down the road. Then we had invited everyone into our garage where it was warm (the duplex next door was evacuated because the wind was blowing the smoke right into their building) but they remained outside off by themselves.

unfortunately the upstairs apartment is a complete loss and the couple that lived there lost everything but everyone made it out safe, even the dogs.

Edited by akmommy

I can't imagine staying in a burning building. That is stranger then my garbage.

I had not thought of kids. That does however, add one more house into the mix. I am hopeful this is an isolated incident. I am hoping my nosy neighbor saw something. She usually sees everything that goes on.

Kids who had a party and weren't supposed to have a party. They needed to get rid of the evidence.

We at least used to dump the beer ball and empties in the dumpster behind the Quick Stop. But we never would have dumped them in someone's front yard. However when you are counting on garbage pickup in the early morning at your house, I will say those Monday no garbage holidays will sometimes trip you up!

:iagree:

This happens in my area all.the.time. I've watched teens jump out of their cars and dispose of the trash or just throw bags of cans out the window onto someone's yard.

This gets my vote.

You don't happen to have a maximum bag pickup, do you? We did in one neighborhood we lived in, and people would often put their extra bags in front of someone else's house if they had less than the max. They usually asked permission, though. ;)