Menu

Bible Curriculum Covering the Old Testament

mom31257

I'm on the lookout for a bible curriculum for my ds next year. He'll be 3rd and studying Ancient history. I'd like to cover the Old Testament. I've enjoyed BJU Bible this year, but it covers some of the OT and NT, so I'm looking for something that will go more indepth all year.

Thanks for any suggestions! I usually have to spread out my curricula buying, so I've got to get started.

Explorer's Bible Study, Beginnings II is based on the OT, so it would fit nicely. My son is in 3rd this year and is able to do it idependently, which is nice for developing quiet time habits. (We also do Bible together in our SL curriculum.) I have been very pleased with it and we're halfway through.

http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?sid=1294022686-1755433&subject=13&category=3589

(I hope it is okay to post this link - I am not affiliated with RR in any way, shape, or form! :001_smile:)

Have you thought about using MFW? What about Mystery of History?

Blessings!

Dorinda

I actually want my dd who will be 9th grade to use MFW next year. I looked at MFW for ds, but I don't want to use their science or Streams of Civilization as a spine. It would seem like a lot of money if I didn't use it all, KWIM?

Right now I plan on using Biblioplan which schedules Mystery of History, but it seems more like history to me than a true Bible study. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

I actually want my dd who will be 9th grade to use MFW next year. I looked at MFW for ds, but I don't want to use their science or Streams of Civilization as a spine. It would seem like a lot of money if I didn't use it all, KWIM?

Right now I plan on using Biblioplan which schedules Mystery of History, but it seems more like history to me than a true Bible study. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

I can see the difference. I guess I look at MOH as being both, but I can see where you might want to distinguish the two. In that case, without reviewing the rest of the thread:D, have you looked at A Beka or Veritas Press? The Veritas Press 2nd grade might be what you're looking for, but it is kind of pricey. You don't have to buy all the books, but it's sometimes hard to know which books to buy from them.

I think you're right, MFW recommends Adventures or ECC for 3rd grade. We'll be using Ancients for 4th and 7th, which I think is about right.

HTH in your search!

Blessings!

Dorinda