Menu

copywork help

moonlight

Hello,

In an effort to get my son to write more, I would like for him to do some copywork not associated with Story of the World which is what we used to do. He just did not like it at all and made history drag! I am looking for suggestions for sentences and quotes that he can write. I would like it to be purposeful writing. Does anyone have appropriate quotes and/or memory work that you can give me for examples. I'm even thinking of having him write silly sentences to practice his spelling.

I would prefer non religious examples, even though spiritual examples are fine.

Thank you so much,

Seema

Since my children all despised copywork, I generally chose material from books or subjects they particularly enjoyed. They have copied out of Charlotte's Web, Harry Potter, and now my son's copywork is from Elemental Science Chemistry, which is currently his favorite thing in the world:).

How old is your child? My hsing experience has taught me that Less is More. SWB speaks to that as well: you might find her writing lecture downloads at Peace Hill Press helpful.

www.welltrainedmind.com/store/audio-products/audio-lectures.html

Writing With Ease has a copywork component that is reasonable. The literary selections are wonderful.

www.welltrainedmind.com/store/language-arts/writing.html

I really like the Happy Scribe sets they sell on Currclick. They have a ton of different themes (weather, proverbs, months/seasons, sports, etc), and each one has two kinds of print plus cursive. My 8yo enjoys these more than her regular handwriting book, and they regularly go on sale for around (or under) $2/ebook.

I really like the Happy Scribe sets they sell on Currclick. They have a ton of different themes (weather, proverbs, months/seasons, sports, etc), and each one has two kinds of print plus cursive. My 8yo enjoys these more than her regular handwriting book, and they regularly go on sale for around (or under) $2/ebook.

:iagree:

My sons like the ones about football!