Menu

Why is there a green dot next to my name

ELaurie

• 3 months later...

I am wondering if this feature is active in this forum, and if it is, what does it mean?

I see that everyone I look at is "not a member of any public groups". I don't see a way to become a member of a public group, but I could be missing something.

I'm still curious, though.

I don't understand the public group thing either. I've only been on the site for three days and love it! Also, how do I find out about the point system and the reputation thing? Are we being graded on our activity here? LOL! One more thing, I don't have any status yet...it says, "Just visiting." How do I become a larva, etc.? Thanks for the help! Feel like I'm in Kindergarten and trying to learn the alphabet!

-Michele R. in TN ("Just visiting")

automatically as you make additional posts on the boards. For example, after 10 posts, your "status" will change from "just visiting" to a "larvae" of some sort (I forget the exact title at the moment).

If others on the board find your posts especially helpful, friendly, or funny, they can add to your "reputation" by clicking on a little icon that looks like a balance scale in the upper right hand corner of your post and leaving a comment. When adding to some one's "reputation," it's considered courteous to leave your name.

You also have the option to give someone a negative "reputation," although I'm not sure how to do that. I think it's essentially the same procedure, but you click "I disagree" rather then "I agree." This might be used for a poster who is very argumentative or rude; my impression is that this is used infrequently.

You will start out with 10 reputation points - and one little green square in the upper right hand corner of you posts. When you have a hundred reputation points (I'm beginning to think I will never have 100 reputation points :001_rolleyes:) you will have two green squares.

Welcome to the hive :001_smile: