Menu

Joan of Arc - Need Movie Recommendation

Is there an inspirational movie about the life of Joan of Arc that is a suitable version for dd and I to watch? She is 11 1/2 yo, and although I know Joan was martyred, I'd prefer that we don't have to watch a lot of gore. Maybe I'm asking for too much here, but I'd love to find something that will tell the story without also causing nightmares iykwim.

Blessings,

Lucinda

YES! That's my favorite! (OUR favorite). It was made for television, so it doesn't go overboard. No gore. Her interview with the church toward the end is very intense, but emotionally, not graphically. The burning is implied, not shown.

FYI, they start the movie at the end of the story -- so, the very first scene shows her looking up from the flames, toward heaven, praying with a radiant smile on her face. Then, they flash back to the beginning of her story as a young girl. The end of the movie is the same scene as the first. If you want to preview the movie, you only need to watch the first five minutes to see the worst of it.

Oh, and after watching this movie, my 5yodd wanted her hair cut "to look like Joan's". :)

Thank you, everyone! This is perfect information and I'm going to get the movie in my Netflix queue. I did try to find "Joan the Maid" on Netflix, but it isn't available yet. Hopefully we can access that one as well at some point.

Blessings,

Lucinda