Menu

Easy chocolate candy recipes?

We're starting off the New Year with a unit study about chocolate, based on the children's book Cocoa Ice. I'd love to make some kind of chocolate candy with my 5yo, but I've never made candy before. Terms like "soft ball" and "hard crack" make me nervous. Can anyone recommend a good candy recipe which would be hard for us to mess up? Thanks!

Melt one bag milk chocolate chips over double boiler (could also use microwave). Spread into buttered 9x13 pan.

Melt one bag white chocolate chips over double boiler or in microwave. Mix in 1/3-1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter. Spread on top of chocolate in pan. Pull knife back and forth through chocolate to make marbled effect.

These taste like Reese's peanut butter cups. Yum!

OOH! This one is fun for kids!

EASY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

In a double boiler over medium heat, dump:

1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 t. vanilla

pinch salt

stir together until melted and combined. Cool completely so that chocolate is firm. Scoop out walnut-sized blobs and have the kids roll them in balls between their palms. Roll each ball in a variety of coatings. We like to use those tiny, multi-colored "ball" decorations (the really tiny ones-- can't remember the name of them--) colored sugars, chopped coconut, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, chopped peanuts, etc.

Have fun! Now THAT'S a unit study I could really get into! You're a COOL MOM! :001_smile:

astrid