Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baseball mom

Dried Beans ???

I make pinto, kidney and other beans then just freeze them in zipper bags for future use. I'm trying it with baked beans today. I put a huge pot of them on last night.

I freeze beans cooked from dry all the time. I like to cover them with liquid first though--either the cooking liquid, or if there's not enough, then just add water until they are covered. But be sure to leave room at the top of the container/baggie for the water to expand when it freezes.

I freeze beans all the time. They do well. You can use freezer bags or containers. Whatever fits best in your freezer. :)

:iagree: I do this all the time. Bean soups freeze well, too.

Now that I have discovered cooking beans from dry (without soaking first) in the crockpot for 10 hrs on high works great, I have been making them often and freezing them. They do well. We go through a lot of beans in my house so finally finding a way to cook them from dry is going to result in some serious savings. I also finally found a supply for my favorite beans--red beans. My regular store doesn't sell them, but the Asian store does. Happy day!