Menu

Question for anybody who knows something about unemployment

Dh is receiving unemployment and today we received a notice that said his benefit year ends 1-1-11. :confused: :confused: What does that mean? He has only been getting it since the beginning of Nov when his job moved. It said he has more than $8,000 left. I am very confused and a bit nervous over this. Does anybody know what this means???????

Dh is receiving unemployment and today we received a notice that said his benefit year ends 1-1-11. :confused: :confused: What does that mean? He has only been getting it since the beginning of Nov when his job moved. It said he has more than $8,000 left. I am very confused and a bit nervous over this. Does anybody know what this means???????

I'm *guessing* that it's speaking of the current benefit year of 2010 and that he'll have to start a new one. I don't *think* it's saying no more benefits. It's state-funded, so maybe that's the end of their fiscal year?

I'm *guessing* that it's speaking of the current benefit year of 2010 and that he'll have to start a new one. I don't *think* it's saying no more benefits. It's state-funded, so maybe that's the end of their fiscal year?

That makes sense (thank you for your not panicked thinking :001_smile:) So his pay order that also came today had the reg benefit amount for week 1 but it said void for week 2-- would we miss a week of pay? Or can he get this cleared up before that? Does anybody know if the offices will be open tomorrow?