Menu

Is SOTW 2 enough for history or should I add something else?

Mosaicmind

I just got my SOTW 2 and the activity guide to go along. I already have the Usborne and Kingfisher books that are referenced in it. I am going to use this for my 3rd and 5th grader possibly my 7th grader but don't know yet.

Will using this as our only history be enough if I use the activity guide along with it? I was thinking of getting TOG or biblioplan to use with it but if I don't need to then I won't. No sense in spending the extra money if I don't need to.

Anyone else just using SOTW plus the activity guide as it's written? How's it working for you?

In my humble opinion, SOTW is enough by itself. I have done it by itself and tried to use it with other "supplements" and it just really doesn't need supplementing. If you get some of the additional reading books that are listed in the AG and use the Kingfisher Encyclopedia, you'll be fine. Maybe have your 7th grader read it independently and do narrations?

In my humble opinion, SOTW is enough by itself. I have done it by itself and tried to use it with other "supplements" and it just really doesn't need supplementing. If you get some of the additional reading books that are listed in the AG and use the Kingfisher Encyclopedia, you'll be fine. Maybe have your 7th grader read it independently and do narrations?

Thanks for the input. I would love to get a look at TOG but I think that's just the curriculum junkie in me :tongue_smilie: I want to make it very easy for me to do but I don't want to short-change my kids. I think I will make a list of the books I want to grab at the library and see if they are open tomorrow and get a look at them.