Menu

CSMP Yahoo Group? Interested?

Tracy

CSMP stands for Comprehensive School Mathematics Program. When it was discontinued, it was made available online for free. Here is the blog the turned me on to CSMP.

Why not try to make the board on the CSMP preservation site (the one you linked above) active? It seems moribund, which doesn't give a good prognosis to starting a new group.

Best of luck. I love the concept of "math choices", and anything with the word "preservation" makes me smile. A sign of aging, I think. :001_smile:

Why not try to make the board on the CSMP preservation site (the one you linked above) active? It seems moribund, which doesn't give a good prognosis to starting a new group.

I tried that a few months ago. The moderator has to approve a post before it gets posted. It took a whole month before my post was approved. So I thought if we had a less moderated forum, it might be helpful.

I tried that a few months ago. The moderator has to approve a post before it gets posted. It took a whole month before my post was approved. So I thought if we had a less moderated forum, it might be helpful.

I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife as he stuck his wooden leg out the window.

I'm interested too, but what about just forming a social group discussion here on the boards like the one started for the Liping Ma book? Would that be easier?

I saw that, but I don't know how it works.

I was hoping for something that would send me an e-mail when someone posts rather than having to look through a list of posts. I also know of people using CSMP on other forums that are not on this forum, so I thought that a Yahoo Group would be more user-friendly. Any thoughts?

I was hoping for something that would send me an e-mail when someone posts rather than having to look through a list of posts. I also know of people using CSMP on other forums that are not on this forum, so I thought that a Yahoo Group would be more user-friendly. Any thoughts?

Great idea. That would give a place for everyone to share their thoughts and ideas. I would love to hear how others use this program, and about their success.