Menu

MOtivated Moms--is anyone starting it for 2011?

I just got it today and had the same trouble. I emailed her though, and within a few minutes (literally!) she replied with the file attached. Now THAT is fabulous customer service!

If I'd read here first, I would have saved her the trouble. I'm still impressed. :001_smile:

She got right back to me too. If this works well for me, I'll be doing it again next year.

Thanks for posting this. I've never heard of it. I just bought the half page planner. We'll see how it goes. I too tried FlyLady, but good golly at all the emails. It was a time sucker.

I like the half page because it has a meal planner and appt. scheduler on it. With all the doc appts I have due to the baby, that will be helpful. Think I could schedule having the baby? :D

I like the idea of printing them off on colored paper. Too bad I have to wait until tomorrow to buy it (all the stores are closed in Germany today), but it's NY Day, so I guess I can sit back and relax.

Highlighting is my plan too. I'm working on the FlyLady babysteps, but I get tired of the emails. I'm thinking of FlyLady style daily routines (whole house pickup & my shiny sink!) but MM for all the non-daily stuff. The less thinking for me, the better. Thanks to whoever suggested bright paper, I'm adding that to my shopping list!

Amy, who is going to go shine the sink now.

Do any of you use this as a combo mom AND kids chore system? I was thinking that I could just use different colored highlighters and for every day, highlight one of the chores per child so that we are all working on the tasks together--since it seems like it's a pretty complete system for those of us who have had low standards thus far... LOL!!

Are there any chores that you feel are lacking and that should be added in? For example, I'm sure it doesn't tell you when to unload the dishwasher because that would be different for every family, but I don't need that on the planner.

Highlighting as a way to 'share' chores is a fabulous idea!

I tried MM last year and failed miserably, not due to the system but rather user failure. :blush: We were preparing for an upcoming move, and more of my energy was devoted to the move than cleaning our existing house. We are now moved and somewhat organized, so I'm ready to give it another go!

:) Thank you for posting this!!! I've never seen this before and I've always wished for something just like it. I just ordered it and am looking forward to trying it out. I also like the idea of highlighting chores for each kid. My kids and I are all big "list people" so I think this is going to work well for us.

Wow! I've never heard of Motivated Moms before, but this looks awesome! I downloaded the printable one and I'm toying with putting it on my iPhone too... This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for - down to a list of what to read each day in order to read the bible in a year. Thanks!!

Do any of you use this as a combo mom AND kids chore system? I was thinking that I could just use different colored highlighters and for every day, highlight one of the chores per child so that we are all working on the tasks together--since it seems like it's a pretty complete system for those of us who have had low standards thus far... LOL!!

Are there any chores that you feel are lacking and that should be added in? For example, I'm sure it doesn't tell you when to unload the dishwasher because that would be different for every family, but I don't need that on the planner.

I highlight the kids' chores in different colors. It works great!

I'm sure there are things missing from the list. However, if I follow the chart, I feel my house will be 95% clean and such an improvement over the current state. Anything that really needs to be done will become obvious and can be added as needed.

And yes, load/run/empty dishwasher is on the chart. :D

I had to crawl out of lurkerdom because I just wanted to say a big thank you for posting this! I've felt so overwhelmed (had a baby and moved this past year), and I was really looking for something to help me get things on track (flylady overwhelms me!).

I'm going to print it out now!!

Another app to try is Home Routines. It's customizable, and it's only 99 cents. It's similar to Flylady, with morning and evening routines, and it works with zones. I love the built in 15 minute timer on the bottom of the screen! I only bought it yesterday so I'm still playing with it, but so far it's awesome!

Thanks so much for this recommendation! I just downloaded the app and it's exactly what I need.

I used this last year for part of the year but didn't keep up all year. It was very helpful for me, however, and I am going to give it another try this year. I think I will go with the half page planner without the appointment stuff (I use google calendar). I print 2-3 at a time and put them on my fridge. If I had them in a book I'd tuck it away and forget about it :) Thanks for reminding me about this, and for the code!

ETA: i like the idea of an app, but my guess is I wouldn't use it. I tend to "misplace" my itouch or the boys have stuck it somewhere, and I just think having the calendar on my fridge works better for me.

Edited by Halcyon

Thanks so much for reminding me about this. I haven't used it before, but after reading all these posts, I thought this would be a big help for me.

Thanks for the code too!!! :)

Now I just have to get more printer ink! LOL

I use the HOME ROUTINE app...It's cheaper and customizable.

http://www.homeroutines.com/

I've tried MM and it's good too. I like HR better because I can add things. But just like MM, it only works of you do it!

A friend bought me MM one year, I tweaked it to a seven day/page thing with our daily routines on them, left room for a weekly and a monthly chore, and made a page with a list of weekly chores (one for each day) and a list of monthly chores (rotating list of things done twice monthly). Everything is in page protectors (for wipe on/wipe off purposes) and in my control journal (flylady!)

I've combined FlyLady, MM, Virtuous Woman, and my own charts together. In the past I've combined MOTH with these. I'm a visual person.