Menu

If you use an exercise ball for back stretching

I have a question. Twelve years ago, my back went out on me (I have a bulging disc). It has happened again though not as bad. When I was there, I was put on an exercise ball to stretch my back. I basically just hugged the ball with the ball under me and rolled around. It felt great on my back.

I can see what size exercise ball I need based on my height for regular exercises and even for using one as a chair, but what about if I want to roll on it as described. Would I get one more for exercise or more for using as a chair. It seems using the smaller size (for exercising) would be too small.

Thanks

PS -- I'm, 5' 3.5"

I have a question. Twelve years ago, my back went out on me (I have a bulging disc). It has happened again though not as bad. When I was there, I was put on an exercise ball to stretch my back. I basically just hugged the ball with the ball under me and rolled around. It felt great on my back.

I can see what size exercise ball I need based on my height for regular exercises and even for using one as a chair, but what about if I want to roll on it as described. Would I get one more for exercise or more for using as a chair. It seems using the smaller size (for exercising) would be too small.

Thanks

PS -- I'm, 5' 3.5"

I have a larger size. Some other things that will help are a foam roller and cat/camel exercises. You use the roller by placing it on the ground and then you lay face up and use your feet to roll your body over the roller. You can use it for upper back, lower back or the whole thing. I am sure that you can get an explanation of cat/camel exercises on the internet that would explain it better than I can.