Menu

Show me your classroom (photos thread)

trying my best

Ok i will go first :)

I have a 1st grader (DS5) and a Preschooler (DD2)

I also have 2 more kids from the neighberhood coming for Preschool time 3 times a week. So i have 3 Preschoolers all together and 1 1st grader.

We use a spare bedroom in our house for School Room.

This is our Spelling station for DS5

IMG_0561.jpg

This is our Preschool station

IMG_0562.jpg

Preschool tables

IMG_0563.jpg

storage shelves

IMG_0564.jpg

DS5's subjects folders

IMG_0542.jpg

Preschool activities

IMG_0569.jpg

DS5's reading books (from readinga-z.com)

IMG_0572.jpg

Edited by trying my best

You can see pictures of ours on my blog.

They are in the sidebar, but I believe if you click on one of them it will pull up the photobucket album they are in, so you can see larger versions of them.

I moved out a shelf from the corner and put a few more posters on the wall, but I'm too lazy to go take new pictures LOL

Here's mine. We just got our desks over Christmas. DD needs to clean hers off as it has toys on it and I still have a little organizing to do. Looks dark, but the pic was taken at night.

And don't look through to the other room. It's in AZ and been raining and snowing and I have a mud towel on the floor. :001_huh:

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/anrsaz/homeschool%20room/

Our school room is in the basement. It gets a little chilly in the winter, but I enjoy having a separate area to organize books and focus on school. I know if I were upstairs, I'd be distracted by the dirty dishes, piles of clothes that never seem to get folded/put away, etc... :tongue_smilie:

post-9416-13535084313584_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084313726_thumb.jpg

post-9416-1353508431387_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084314023_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084314166_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084313584_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084313726_thumb.jpg

post-9416-1353508431387_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084314023_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535084314166_thumb.jpg

Our school room is in the basement. It gets a little chilly in the winter, but I enjoy having a separate area to organize books and focus on school. I know if I were upstairs, I'd be distracted by the dirty dishes, piles of clothes that never seem to get folded/put away, etc... :tongue_smilie:

It looks SOOOO beautiful! I am jelous!

i absolutely love your rotating book stand! it is awesome!!!!!!!

Kel~

Love it!! That color is great!

Creekmom~

Ok...I'm totally jealous too! But the spider comment did help curb my jealousy :D because I'd probably never be able to use the room if it had big spiders, heehee!

alilac~

can I just how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your bookcases!!! WOW!!!

This is a great thread! I think ALL these rooms are great! I'm going to try to figure out how to post mine now...we just got a new computer and I'm still trying to figure out things.

Edited by Homemama2

Do you have any windows down there? Our basement doesn't ahve windows and is also under construction, so I haven't considered school down there, but your pictures have made me rethink.

I will post our pictures this weekend after I take them! (oh, and clean up a bit!)

Dawn

Do you have any windows down there? Our basement doesn't ahve windows and is also under construction, so I haven't considered school down there, but your pictures have made me rethink.

I will post our pictures this weekend after I take them! (oh, and clean up a bit!)

Dawn

No windows...which is why the paint is bright yellow and blue. I would love a school room with windows, but we have no room upstairs. You should have seen the basement before it became my summer project to create a school room! The biggest expense was putting in a wall to divide that side of the basement in half. If it's even possible to turn your space into a school room, I highly recommend it. It also helps get the kids into "school mode" to have a separate area devoted to learning. I've never been able to make school part of every day life; I have to separate it from "home life" or else I can't relax when the school part of our day is over.

At the moment, I don't have pictures of the schoolroom, but I'm certainly getting ideas from all of you. Thanks!! As I write this, our room is a big mess, and I've been planning to straighten things up after Christmas. Since we're supposed to start back to school on Monday, I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow & Sunday afternoon! :eek:

I'm drooling over here! You ladies have awesome school rooms!

At the moment, I have nowhere to put a school room. My house has so many windows that it's hard to even find a spot to put up a white board. I'm thinking in the future I might put the school room in a bedroom upstairs, but right now it's being used by a toddler who is not moving to his brothers' room quite yet (we'd already planned for all 3 to share a room eventually). Plus at this point, I really need to be able to flit back and forth since I have 2 littles under foot.

So in the meantime, we'll be doing school work at the kitchen table, pull out a 2'x3' white board as we need it (it's tucked behind a dresser in my room), we store our books on a shelf in the living room, and art supplies/math manipulatives/etc. are kept in a couple rolling carts that have 10 drawers (the nice ones at Sam's for $30)... in my bedroom where little hands can't get into them. :tongue_smilie:So basically, the "schoolroom" is spanning the kitchen, living room, and my bedroom. I would have loved to make my living room a school room, but floor vent placement, air intake placement, and a gazillion windows prevent me from being able to get what I want in there. My house is not small, but the way the rooms are laid out, it's hard to find a big chunk of wall space for anything but a few pictures.

CIMG0054-1.jpg

CIMG0052.jpg

CIMG0004-1.jpg

CIMG0053.jpg

we never had a 'school room' before, this is actually the music room (soon to have a drum set in addition) and we do school at the table-only here it's the Christmas prep room.

I love this room! It's cozy, and homey and welcoming! Love the fireplace in there too! I waaaaannnnnt itttttt.:tongue_smilie:

I have a couple of issues at the moment:

The basement is under construction....framing and insulation is in, but it needs to be drywalled now.

Second issue is trying to get some space FROM DH. He has plans for a toal man cave down there.....TV/media area, workout area, a rec room area, and a storage/pantry area.....I am not sure there is any space left!

Dawn

No windows...which is why the paint is bright yellow and blue. I would love a school room with windows, but we have no room upstairs. You should have seen the basement before it became my summer project to create a school room! The biggest expense was putting in a wall to divide that side of the basement in half. If it's even possible to turn your space into a school room, I highly recommend it. It also helps get the kids into "school mode" to have a separate area devoted to learning. I've never been able to make school part of every day life; I have to separate it from "home life" or else I can't relax when the school part of our day is over.

YOu all have lovely spaces, with or without sunshine/windows, fancy or simple, they all radiate love, enrichment, love, learning, love. Before "real" funiture, first my dining room, then half of large living room, then spare bedroom, all were the kids' play/work rooms, though not for homeschooling. We loved those spaces! Now, with just a 14 year old highschooler, we put him in the 2nd largest bedroom, and put shelves and tables in, and gathered all the books from big brother, big sister, and library/family room shelves, that he might use for his high school career (had to make a "lending/borrowing contract" with sister, who guards her books carefully, including a bent page/water damage clause. :lol:) We keep going back to Ikea for more shelving. He had a hodgepodge of several types of shelving, but we liked the $30 Ikea model (low profile, tall, sturdy) so much we switched out to all that style. He just inherited a larger screen TV to play DVD/VHS stuff on, and got handed down a larger monitor for his computer, which gives his room a nice "tech" feeling, as appeals to him. He does tend to hole up in his room, a bit, but I purposely have not put a sofa, or big easy chair in his room, so he comes downstairs to large, upholstered places to do reading and such and I reserved a space downstairs for any books he is currently reading/working in. This system seems to work. He wanted to paint his room blue, and I was thinking pale, but seeing so many of your rooms in rich, sky blues, I think I'll give him that. He does keep his bedroom side of the room, toyed up, and messy, but separated from the school area, on his own.

I love seeing the great spaces you all have designed! I am impressed with the lack of stuff on the floor, too. Our floors seem to be just another piling spot. Maybe that's me, the main piler, though.

Happy New Year!

I LOVE seeing all of the school rooms. It's great for new inspiration!

Here is ours. When we moved into this house, this room was the laundry room. We moved the laundry room to another area and turned this into the school room. This room had two very very small old windows that opened from the center OUT with no screens. I had these new windows put in their place. I put a huge window in the school room because I knew we would be spending a lot of time in it. In the summer, we have a beautiful view of the woods behind our house. We have the view in the winter as well, but it's just not quite as beautiful. Eventually, I plan to set up a wild life station to lure birds and animals for our studying pleasure! :D :D

I still need to get some window treatments but I just haven't found what I want yet. We don't need them for privacy since our house is in the middle of our 5 acres and nobody can see into them, but I think they would soften the room up a bit.

We do most of our work at the table by the big window. He sits in the adjustable chair with the stool for his feet to rest on. The table on the left is the art table. Supplies are left out at all times for him to create art or for writing if the urge hits him. There are more supplies in the red boxes to the right of the art table.

IMG_9092.jpg

Here we have bookcase and storage above it. There's a lot of room in the storage area. It contains art supplies, school supplies, new curricula that we are waiting to use and in some cases, old curricula that we have finished.

You can see our latest PR lesson on the whiteboard and our ongoing habitat posters and desert diorama which are part of Elemental Science biology.

IMG_9080.jpg

This wall will be changed this summer. I'm going to move the art project clip line up higher, get rid of the AAS whiteboard and tiles since we no longer use AAS and use the space for a world map.

This is where most of the current curricula can be found. The three black bins on the right of the lower bookcase hold our current books. The binders in the taller bookcase hold most of our completed work separated by subject. At the end of the year, I will pull everything from the binders and pick the best items to bind with a comb binder as a keepsake for the year.

The bins and shelves hold art supplies, readers and many many math manipulatives. Inside the bookcase are shelves of learning games. Next to the binder you can also see our squeezebox boom which streams music from my computer into the school room. This is how we play music for our classical music studies as well as song school latin, internet radio and audio books without having to bother with cds all over the place. It can also be moved all around the house to listen to whatever we want wherever we want. It even has batteries so it can be used outside. This way we have our entire music/audio collection at our fingertips all around and even outside our house!

IMG_9182.jpg

In another room of our house we have an office with a continuous desk covering two walls with full windows on both walls. All three of us have our own computer space (3 computers). This way, we each have our own computer, but he can be supervised at all times on his computer.

Here he is checking out headventureland.com.

IMG_9052.jpg

For reading, we either snuggle on the couch or get in our bed. He will do his own reading on his bed or on the couch or anywhere really!

Edited by Cindyz

I LOVE seeing all of the school rooms. It's great for new inspiration!

Here is ours. When we moved into this house, this room was the laundry room. We moved the laundry room to another area and turned this into the school room. This room had two very very small old windows that opened from the center OUT with no screens. I had these new windows put in their place. I put a huge window in the school room because I knew we would be spending a lot of time in it. In the summer, we have a beautiful view of the woods behind our house. We have the view in the winter as well, but it's just not quite as beautiful. Eventually, I plan to set up a wild life station to lure birds and animals for our studying pleasure! :D :D

I still need to get some window treatments but I just haven't found what I want yet. We don't need them for privacy since our house is in the middle of our 5 acres and nobody can see into them, but I think they would soften the room up a bit.

We do most of our work at the table by the big window. He sits in the adjustable chair with the stool for his feet to rest on. The table on the left is the art table. Supplies are left out at all times for him to create art or for writing if the urge hits him. There are more supplies in the red boxes to the right of the art table.

IMG_9092.jpg

Here we have bookcase and storage above it. There's a lot of room in the storage area. It contains art supplies, school supplies, new curricula that we are waiting to use and in some cases, old curricula that we have finished.

You can see our latest PR lesson on the whiteboard and our ongoing habitat posters and desert diorama which are part of Elemental Science biology.

IMG_9080.jpg

This wall will be changed this summer. I'm going to move the art project clip line up higher, get rid of the AAS whiteboard and tiles since we no longer use AAS and use the space for a world map.

This is where most of the current curricula can be found. The three black bins on the right of the lower bookcase hold our current books. The binders in the taller bookcase hold most of our completed work separated by subject. At the end of the year, I will pull everything from the binders and pick the best items to bind with a comb binder as a keepsake for the year.

The bins and shelves hold art supplies, readers and many many math manipulatives. Inside the bookcase are shelves of learning games. Next to the binder you can also see our squeezebox boom which streams music from my computer into the school room. This is how we play music for our classical music studies as well as song school latin, internet radio and audio books without having to bother with cds all over the place. It can also be moved all around the house to listen to whatever we want wherever we want. It even has batteries so it can be used outside. This way we have our entire music/audio collection at our fingertips all around and even outside our house!

IMG_9182.jpg

In another room of our house we have an office with a continuous desk covering two walls with full windows on both walls. All three of us have our own computer space (3 computers). This way, we each have our own computer, but he can be supervised at all times on his computer.

Here he is checking out headventureland.com.

IMG_9052.jpg

For reading, we either snuggle on the couch or get in our bed. He will do his own reading on his bed or on the couch or anywhere really!

I love this room. I love the colors you have in it. I love the way you've set it up. Wonderful!

Here's a blog post with my picts. The white board is hung (it wasn't when I took the picts)

I'm also adding this contraption, from Ikea, to the wall with the maps to hang the maps from with these clips... my hubby just needs to mount it.

I have that contraption from Ikea, it is awesome!! A homeschooler's dream! LOL

Love your cozy spot. :)