Menu

Is there a USPS price increase for 1-ounce stamp?

Does this mean that all their stamps are Forever stamps, or are they going to stop making the specialty/theme stamps?

That I can't answer, sorry. Only heard that the decision was to not print the one and two cent stamps for budgetary purposes and that they would make only forever stamps. But I suppose they could do that with themes or specialty stamps too, right?

Does this mean that all their stamps are Forever stamps, or are they going to stop making the specialty/theme stamps?

According to my understanding, they will make many different stamps, but none of them will have the price marked on them. They will all be "Forever" stamps. They will just cost more with each price increase.

There are some with various pinecones. My dh is excited about the new Space Commemorative stamps (the first featuring Alan Shepard). They're all marked "Forever".

I googled and discovered that there will be a 2c increase on Jan. 1st, to 46c for a first class letter.

Edited by Suzanne in ABQ

I googled and discovered that there will be a 2c increase on Jan. 1st, to 46c for a first class letter.

When I searched, it looks like it was proposed, but I can't find where it was approved. The links above look like there will be some increases, but not to first class letter stamps. Does anyone have a link that shows that the proposed first class letter stamp increase was approved?

I read that it was rejected.

When I searched, it looks like it was proposed, but I can't find where it was approved. The links above look like there will be some increases, but not to first class letter stamps. Does anyone have a link that shows that the proposed first class letter stamp increase was approved?

No, they're not. See here. But they are supposed to go up in May. And all the stamps from now on will be forever stamps. They are supposed to still be different designs, but just worth whatever the current postage is and cost whatever the current postage is.

Hope they bag the Forever....(I only like hyperbole if it is funny).

In my mother's dwindling days, she, being the frugal soul she was, tried to use up all the stamps my father had hoarded. I got letters just obliterated in 1/2 cent stamps. Kept them all.