Menu

How & were to shop for bras for dd

My 15yo dd wears only sports bras. She shops at Kohl's. She prefers the bras that have a little padding.

My other girls get their bras at Dillards.

My 17yo likes Modern Movement padded underwire bras. She's in a 32D.

My 12yo likes Jasmine&Ginger padded bras. She's in a medium.

I wear Wacoal (also from Dillards) softcups. They don't actually come in my size (34G), so I buy 36F. These work better for me than any of the other bras I've ever tried.

I would splurge for a visit to the Victoria's Secret Dressing Room. They will measure your DD and give her a box of all different kinds of bras to try on to find what works best for her, and will check the fit. You aren't obligated to purchase but it might get you going in the right direction. (Two things I splurge on, bras, and Birkenstocks. :))

I like outlet stores. They have all the sizes and styles to try on. Try on with t-shirt until she finds the best. They will often fit you as well. Otherwise I would prefer a dept store to Victoria Secret. My dd doesn't like the styles there. It's an adventure. You will need a lunch break!

I don't know that being able to see the top part of the cup when the person's in a tighter shirt necessarily means the bra doesn't fit right. Or, if it does, a lot of my bras haven't fit right over the years. Most of the bras I've owned have been somewhat padded, meaning that they're thicker, meaning that bra lines happen. Now, if the cup isn't completely filled up or "collapses" when heavier material's put over it, that would mean the bra's too big, but that's something your dd probably wants to be allowed to figure out on her own!

I second a pp's suggestion -- take her somewhere that offers bra fittings and have her measured. I've never done it myself, but I would like to do it someday.

My 15yo dd wears only sports bras. She shops at Kohl's. She prefers the bras that have a little padding.

My other girls get their bras at Dillards.

My 17yo likes Modern Movement padded underwire bras. She's in a 32D.

My 12yo likes Jasmine&Ginger padded bras. She's in a medium.

I wear Wacoal (also from Dillards) softcups. They don't actually come in my size (34G), so I buy 36F. These work better for me than any of the other bras I've ever tried.

Thanks for the info, my dd is a 34 G and we were going insane trying to find anything.