Menu

So, remember the thing with the kids eat free dinners (and me not wanting to argue)?

It was this thread, yesterday.

We had a great dinner -- took advantage of the kids eat free offer, but didn't try to also use the birthday coupon freebies (dh and son will go use those tomorrow or Friday). While we were there, the owner of a locally-owned bookstore, who ran a 12 days of Christmas promotion, came in. They hadn't yet drawn the winner for the grand prize so I asked him about that. He said they were there to film the final segment for their Facebook/Promotion page. We joked, chatted a bit, and he handed us and the friend we had with us each a card for another entry (which I put my dh's name on since I'd already entered). Then they went back to their table, did some more filming, ate and left.

DH got a call tonight and his was the card they drew last night and he won! :D Very fun. The prize is a $100 gift certificate for two. I have no idea how we can order that much for just two of us (most of their main dish prices are in the $10-$20 range, although they have some $20-$30 stuff), but we can give it the ol' college try. To be honest, I'm hoping they'll let us bring more than just the two of us so we can bless some others, too (our bill with our party of seven last night was $97), but we'll see ....

:D. One word: wine. That'll put you over in more ways than one.

Oohhh, good idea. I actually don't like wine very much (I'm trying, though!), but there is ONE I like. So I'll scour the restaurant's wine list to see if there's something similar. Or maybe I can get a bottle of the one I like from the vintner before we go, and take it with us -- don't most restaurants have a corking fee if you want to bring in your own bottle? Love that idea.

Oohhh, good idea. I actually don't like wine very much (I'm trying, though!), but there is ONE I like. So I'll scour the restaurant's wine list to see if there's something similar. Or maybe I can get a bottle of the one I like from the vintner before we go, and take it with us -- don't most restaurants have a corking fee if you want to bring in your own bottle? Love that idea.

I'm not a big wine drinker, but I do like bubbly.

Laura