Menu

Prayer Request for my dd30.........She asked me if

the wonderful people here would pray for her and her dh.........so I am posting this request. I know that some of you here have communicated with her in the past regarding various health issues.

DD30 is still being treated for (and is making good progress) chronic lyme disease -- she has been sick for 7.5 years now. She was diagnosed 3 years ago and treatment has been going on since then.

At present, she is having flares from the medication her doctor has prescribed -- so she would welcome prayers for strength and healing.

Additionally, she has been receiving disability insurance for 18 months now, and the insurance company has told her that her payments will stop - I think that she just received her last check. She and her husband depend on those checks as probably 99% of her treatment/supplements are not covered by insurance and they pay out of pocket.

Please pray for them regarding finances -- her dh has a new job and thankfully, it is with a good firm, but this is a totally new career path for him. I am praying that the Lord will intercede for them financially -- I don't even want to think about what will happen if the insurance company doesn't reverse their decision.

Your prayers are coveted. Thank you all so much!:grouphug:

Absolutely praying. We're so blessed that dh is getting better from his lyme. He's got a good doc, does your dd?

Thank you :grouphug: - yes, her doc is good.......probably one of the best. And we both know, only the good ones get good results for their patients.

She anticipates returning to med school in approx 18-24 months -- she needs the disability to continue for that long. She thinks it will take that much longer till she is back on her feet and able to go back to school.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts!:grouphug:

I will be praying here too for your dd and husband. I don't know much about Lyme disease but I hear that it can be terrible to treat and incredibly painful. I am so sorry for this. Could she get Social Security Disability of SSI benefits? Just wondering. I did for a time when my mental illness created havoc in my life and made it impossible for me to work.

(((Mariann))) Just saw this. Praying for your dd. We've had our share of issues with insurance (both health and disability) over the years, if I can help in anyway, send me a pm or email. So much can depend on how the dr's document when they fill out their forms, or if someone at the disability company misreads what her policy covers (had that happen once--person tried to tell me they had overpaid thousands over the last 10 years & we'd have to pay it back! I flipped...then found my policy info in my files to show they were wrong. Save everything!)

Merry

Anytime :grouphug:

Praying!!!!

Cat

:grouphug: and continued prayers.

I'll keep a good thought for her. D*mn lyme. :glare:

I'm praying!:grouphug:

Praying! :grouphug:

Sure thing.

Praying :grouphug:

A huge thank you! I talk to her alot about this board and all of you and she joins me in prayer for the concerns that are listed on this board - she has commented that this is a mighty group of prayer warriors. :grouphug: thank you fll for lifting her up in prayer.:grouphug:

:sad:

I will pray~ our dd is a fellow chronic LD patient, and we totally understand where your family is coming from. We need to pray for an effective vaccine, and better insurance coverage for such a misdiagnosed, debilitating, and under recognized illness. :grouphug: God will provide!

Praying :grouphug:

I will be praying here too for your dd and husband. I don't know much about Lyme disease but I hear that it can be terrible to treat and incredibly painful. I am so sorry for this. Could she get Social Security Disability of SSI benefits? Just wondering. I did for a time when my mental illness created havoc in my life and made it impossible for me to work.

Oh my... :grouphug: Praying!!

(((Mariann))) Just saw this. Praying for your dd. We've had our share of issues with insurance (both health and disability) over the years, if I can help in anyway, send me a pm or email. So much can depend on how the dr's document when they fill out their forms, or if someone at the disability company misreads what her policy covers (had that happen once--person tried to tell me they had overpaid thousands over the last 10 years & we'd have to pay it back! I flipped...then found my policy info in my files to show they were wrong. Save everything!)

Merry

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thank you all so very much -- it really takes a weight off me to know that folks are praying for C and her husband. The disability is a real problem - her doctor will not complete an appeal to the insurance company -- supposedly there is an attorney's office working on it, but I am not so sure about that at this point. As far as SocSec, There is some 'point' about needing to be turned down X number of times b4 Soc Sec begins ----:001_huh: -- I am totally unclear about it but C is all over it. And, yes, there is something about having to pay back if you become well and go back to your profession (in her case it would be completing med school) -- she is fully prepared to pay back whatever they have paid her -- she just wants to get better.

While you all are praying for C, I am praying for you.........:grouphug:.....thank you from the borrom of my heart.