Menu

Best way to cover Civil War...

thowell

in 3 weeks? Any thoughts? This would be for 2nd grade and 5th grade. I have 3 weeks free in our schedule after lining everything up. Can I do it in that time or if not what to do with those 3 weeks. They are not at the end of our year(or I would probably quit early!!). They are week 22,23and 24. We school for 36 weeks. After that we are scheduled to do the first 2 books in the Little House series along with lapbooks for them. So what are your thoughts and ideas?

Do this as a unit study. Add a good chapter book or a few shorter books to go along with it. Although there is plenty of reading material in the book itself.

http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Kids-History-Activities/dp/1556523556/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293672320&sr=8-1

This year we're using the whole series as unit studies to learn about American History. Then we're adding in some good biographies/historical fiction to go along with it.