Menu

What are your colors?

I've been going through my closet, putting new clothes I got for Christmas away, and purging things I don't wear for the thrift store pile.

I've noticed that I stick to black, brown/tan/gold, aqua/teal, warm greens, some dark blues. I have two tops in red, and two in peach/orange. Very few patterns, mostly solids. Sounds boring, but I rarely find tops in patterns that I like (although, as sloppy as I am, patterned tops would help hide my messes. LOL Thank goodness for a good stain remover!)

What colors do you wear? What's your style?

My closet is predominantly red and black. Red is my favorite color so anyone who buys me clothes as a gift always buys red (or there's always my MIL who every single Christmas buys me a shirt with horizontal stripes. :001_huh: Yes, every single Christmas.). I'm trying to branch out in the color department with my shirts.

If you were to check the tags of my clothes, 90% of them would be from the Gap or Ann Taylor Loft. I tend to wear a bright colored plain tee with jeans or black slacks topped off with a chunky necklace and fun shoes (I love my leopard print flats).

And I agree about white---if I'm wearing a white shirt, something is going to happen. Like the year I was making cranberry orange relish with the meat grinder attachment of my Kitchen Aid and somehow there was a relish explosion right on my white shirt.

Dark, deeper greens and blues, brown, black, and occasionally white, andfaded/pastel darker teals and purples. My mother thinks I dress too gloomy and always gets me something bright blue/teal for Christmas. It goes well with my hair (very red) but I've got pink toned skin so bright colors always make me look sunburnt...

Black, gray, dark blue, baby pink, splashes of red and purple. All solids.

I like that everything in my closet goes with everything else. I figured this out when I was around 15, and have stuck with it ever since.

I have a stack of short, khaki skirts-like jeans skirt, but khaki. I usually dislike khaki, but I <3 these skirts over a pair of black tights and some layered tanks. So cute!

My maternity pants are almost all khaki, too, but that's out of necessity, and I only wear them at home.