Menu

One Year Bible study?

Anyone else starting a One Year Bible for the upcoming new year? I just got 4 new copies for each of us in the family and have a One Year Bible study guide on order to get us started. I'm excited about starting this together as a family and wondered if anyone else has done it before or is starting on the new year?

i'm not doing a bible study per se, but i do use becky tirabassi's bible (change your life daily) and it goes through the bible in a year. it just starts jan 1st of every year & divides the bible into 365 readings. in the past, i did do a "walk through the bible in a year" bible study by bruce wilkinson...that was pretty good.

My church is beginning a study of the OT this year. We're reading through the OT as a church. I ended up buying an audio version of the bible that goes through the whole bible in a year so I can hear it as well as read it. I got it off the Listerner's Bible website (on sale for $19.99!) and it's ready by Max McLean. I do end up hearing NT and Psalms along with the daily OT reading, but that certainly can't hurt anything. LOL

Not another trip through the Bible, but I have made the Upper Room devotional page my homepage on my computer to help me remember a make daily devotionals a more formal part of my life. And I have joined the online prayer through Operation World (thanks, Heather!) which gives me daily prayer prompts for different groups throughout the world....

DH and I have been using Professer Horner's reading system. I don't think it's a year, but it's been great so far and exciting to know that we are getting through the Bible in a way we might not have on our own. We are thankful for being introduced to it. Here is a good blog that wrote about the reading system.

http://www.challies.com/christian-living/ten-chapters-per-day

Prof. Horner is also on Facebook, as the blog links to at the end, so if you are on FB you can also look there.

Not another trip through the Bible, but I have made the Upper Room devotional page my homepage on my computer to help me remember a make daily devotionals a more formal part of my life. And I have joined the online prayer through Operation World (thanks, Heather!) which gives me daily prayer prompts for different groups throughout the world....

I think this is an awesome idea! That's why we decided to do the one year bible--it's too easy to let your bible reading slip if you don't have a good plan in place.

DH and I have been using Professer Horner's reading system. I don't think it's a year, but it's been great so far and exciting to know that we are getting through the Bible in a way we might not have on our own. We are thankful for being introduced to it. Here is a good blog that wrote about the reading system.

http://www.challies.com/christian-living/ten-chapters-per-day

Prof. Horner is also on Facebook, as the blog links to at the end, so if you are on FB you can also look there.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. :001_smile:

I looked at the chronological bible and thought about using that one. Why did you choose that one over a regular bible-in-a-year?

I'm helping to teach the Precept Isaiah course at our church and the amount of history in it prompted me to choose this one. It will help me keep things in order better. Besides, I LOVE history.

I'm helping to teach the Precept Isaiah course at our church and the amount of history in it prompted me to choose this one. It will help me keep things in order better. Besides, I LOVE history.

Ah, good to know. Thanks! I like the idea of the chronological bible but since I'm doing it with my kids and dh, I thought this first time through it would be better to do the regular one.

I'll be starting the one year chronological bible this week. A friend recommended it- I'm looking forward to it.

I've done this and gotten a lot out of it. There's something in me that really appreciates the "chron" part of it! If it's the same one, I've enjoyed the commentary by F. LaGard Smith.

I slacked off the first two years in Aug/Sept. Then Feb. This year, I waited until Sept., because I really wanted to get into the NT. (Yes, I wanted to stay on track with the dates!) But I liked that so much that I've stopped because I don't want it to end.:glare:

I'm thinking I should be looking for a NT Bible reading plan, or Jesus in the OT, which I saw the other day...