Menu

Catholics and other interested parties, find a patron saint for 2011!

I don't even know what this means. I am in a state of total confusion right now. Feeling torn. Feeling led away from the Protestant church and towards EO or possibly RC. I can't tell...

I clicked on the link. I said an honest prayer that God show me something. That he give me anything that would let me know that I am moving in a direction that was pleasing to Him. I told Him that I had no idea what to do - what on earth a patron saint was even for...

Mine came up Saint Margaret of Hungary. The feast day (I don't even know what this is / means) is my birthday... And her name, Margaret, was my Nana's name. I loved my Nana more than anyone else, save my parents. She was everything to me, and died when I was 13...

God did that. He just did something in my life, and even though I can not understand just yet exactly what He did, I am so thankful.

The feast day is the day the saint is honored, and it is usually the anniversary of the saint's death.

:grouphug: That's so wonderful that the saint you got has your grandmother's name!

TY - can you tell me: is this just Catholic or do Orthodox also have the same Saints? Trying to discern what I am am being told, LOL!

TY - can you tell me: is this just Catholic or do Orthodox also have the same Saints? Trying to discern what I am am being told, LOL!

I believe that the RCC and EO have some saints in common and others that are just EO or RCC.

Any pre-Schism Saints (aka living around 1054 and before) we share. Afterwards, we generally don't...I'm not certain if there are any exceptions.