Menu

God is teaching me patience and flexibilty

I posted lately that I'm having a hard time dealing with my backlog of tasks. These are tasks that no one else can do, even my dh, like lesson planning. We are on vacation from school this week. I'm doing marathon project days during vacation where I focus on one major multi step task all day. Today's marathon project was/is lesson planning. This isn't the only day I'll need for this but it was a start.

Then dd9 came up from putting the dogs out and told me that dog#2 had diarrhea all over her crate and herself. Sigh. I hauled the crate outside. Ds13 came and put his arms around me and told me it was ok, "God has other plans for you today, Mom." Yea - cleaning dog poop.:glare: But as I thought about it I realized that he's right - God's been teaching me patience and flexibility and what better way than with unexpected poop!:D

So then while the dogs ate, I decided to at least load up the stuff on Outlook that I'm going to be working on. It's not there. None of it. Ds13 had to wipe out my old Vista and load in Windows 7 last week because my system was crashing. He had transferred all the Outlook files but now the computer cannot access them. I had told him to print out the last 2 weeks of information so that if something like this happened, we would have a record. I saw him do it. But we can't find it - anywhere. I did find one sheet with his very last assignments on it so that is something. But all of dd's history read-alouds for the year are gone.

OK - Lord. You have my attention. I hope these lessons stick because I really, really don't want to learn them again.

Is there a difference between patience and flexibility and being resigned to one's fate?

I haven't decided. I know I am resigned to my fate of once again having to clean up the mess, fix the problem, and disinfect the bathroom because the toilet is stopped up again and overflowed.

I am not angry, and I am not yelling, both of which I have done every other time this has happened because it is Preventable. I am just doing what has to be done. I am resigned, though.

Is there a difference between patience and flexibility and being resigned to one's fate?

I haven't decided. I know I am resigned to my fate of once again having to clean up the mess, fix the problem, and disinfect the bathroom because the toilet is stopped up again and overflowed.

I am not angry, and I am not yelling, both of which I have done every other time this has happened because it is Preventable. I am just doing what has to be done. I am resigned, though.

I'm not sure if there is a difference. All I know is that in the past, I would have had a huge mommy tantrum and my kids would have given me a wide berth. I would have been sunk in self pity (which I'm still fighting a bit this morning). I am doing as you are - just what needs to be done.

The dog crate has been emptied, scrubbed, disinfected, rinsed. Ds13 helped me dry it off and hauled it back into the house for me because that was too much for me. Dd9 had helped me with getting buckets, a long handled scrub brush etc.

Soon I will scrub the dog. I need to sit for a second and get my wind back first, though.

As to the schedule, I guess I'll just have to enter wat I have and do what I can. I mean - what else can you do?

Dd9 helped me scrub dog#2. Ds13 helped with clean up and drying off.

I am taking everyone out to McDonalds for lunch. It isn't healthy but I have no more energy left to make lunch and I think we need a treat after our morning. (Just don't tell Spy Car that I called this a treat;))

When we get back - try to figure out how to start with lesson planning.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sorry you're having such a rotten day -- hope you have a nice lunch!!!

Sometimes a bit of time out of the house can do wonders for my attitude, so hopefully it will make you feel a little bit better, too!

Cat

You know what? It is really amazing but once I got past the self pity, I'm not having a bad day. It's a different day than I'd planned, but it's ok.

The kids and I had a really good talk about the choices we have when things don't go our way. This is something I've been talking to them about for years but it wasn't until they saw my own attitude change that they brought it up and actually listened to me.

I don't have any lesson plans done yet but I do have a clean dog crate and a clean dog. I got a number of errands done while out. One of them - fixing ds13's glasses - was a blessing because if we had waited until another day when it was more convenient we wouldn't have been able to get them fixed as inexpensively. Today was the last day to get parts for his model of glasses before they retired the frames.

You know what? It is really amazing but once I got past the self pity, I'm not having a bad day. It's a different day than I'd planned, but it's ok.

The kids and I had a really good talk about the choices we have when things don't go our way. This is something I've been talking to them about for years but it wasn't until they saw my own attitude change that they brought it up and actually listened to me.

I don't have any lesson plans done yet but I do have a clean dog crate and a clean dog. I got a number of errands done while out. One of them - fixing ds13's glasses - was a blessing because if we had waited until another day when it was more convenient we wouldn't have been able to get them fixed as inexpensively. Today was the last day to get parts for his model of glasses before they retired the frames.

Ah, a God Wink! :D:lol:

Thinking of you today, Jean.:grouphug:

I got a number of errands done while out. One of them - fixing ds13's glasses - was a blessing because if we had waited until another day when it was more convenient we wouldn't have been able to get them fixed as inexpensively. Today was the last day to get parts for his model of glasses before they retired the frames.

This needs to go in the God winks thread. Fantastic news! I am so happy for your DS!

I really need to read the entire thread before I post!