Menu

We had our guinea pig put down today

I'm sorry. Did the vet say what caused all this? I know you've been concerned about him for a while.

He said the cancer probably spread to his organs, probably some glandular involvement because of the hair loss. His stomach was filled with fluid which is why he lost so much weight.

I know it's "just" a guinea pig, but they really loved him. Losing a pet is not new to them, though. We lost our dog last year. That was hard.

They'll get over it. Today, though, they hurt.

Thanks for your thoughts:grouphug:

lisa

:grouphug: to you and your children.

He wasn't "just" a guniea pig, he was a fur baby and a very loved pet.

J lost his guniea pig last fall, all of a sudden-over night actually-she went from a happy, healthy, squeaking piggie to a piggie that was so light and weak she could not hold her head up. She passed away in my arms, as peacefully as possible. J helped DH burry her in the backyard, with a leaf in the box because "Miss Piggy liked to eat the leaves" and sang "his" Sunshine song to her. He will still go out there and sing to her/talk to her. She now has a kitten out there as well with her, so J says they are playing in heaven together.

May the piggie R.I.P and your children grieve his death as peacefully as possible. :grouphug:

:grouphug: to you and your children.

He wasn't "just" a guniea pig, he was a fur baby and a very loved pet.

J lost his guniea pig last fall, all of a sudden-over night actually-she went from a happy, healthy, squeaking piggie to a piggie that was so light and weak she could not hold her head up. She passed away in my arms, as peacefully as possible. J helped DH burry her in the backyard, with a leaf in the box because "Miss Piggy liked to eat the leaves" and sang "his" Sunshine song to her. He will still go out there and sing to her/talk to her. She now has a kitten out there as well with her, so J says they are playing in heaven together.

May the piggie R.I.P and your children grieve his death as peacefully as possible. :grouphug:

Oh, Crystal, this just made me cry (I'm very emotional today - I think I'm PMSing on top of it all).

I think I need dark chocolate . . .

lisa

Guest Humble Hands
He said the cancer probably spread to his organs, probably some glandular involvement because of the hair loss. His stomach was filled with fluid which is why he lost so much weight.

I know it's "just" a guinea pig, but they really loved him. Losing a pet is not new to them, though. We lost our dog last year. That was hard.

They'll get over it. Today, though, they hurt.

Thanks for your thoughts:grouphug:

lisa

I am sorry about your family pet. :(

So sorry you're family had to go through this - I truly understand, being an animal lover.

In fact, last week our crested gecko died, after weeks of feeding him food and medicine through a syringe. I even spent $67 taking him to the vet. The things we do for our animals. no matter how small.

I wish your kids peace soon. :grouphug: