Menu

If you are a healthy weight by yr own definition, would you say

That your eating habits/patterns are similar to the "No-S" eating plan?

If you are not familiar with it, it's:

No Seconds

No Sweets

No Snacks

Except on special days or days that start with S (Sat & Sun).

What do you think?

I'm at a very good weight for me. Before I got pregnant this time I was just under 130 and I'm 5'5"-5'6". I haven't weighed this little since about 2006.

Breastfeeding is actually my trick, but I guess everyone can't do that.

I don't keep ready made sweets in the house. We do snack, but it's generally veggies, nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit...

I eat every morning. It starts my metabolism moving and going.

I rarely eat before bed.

And I think it's necessary to add that I inherited my mom's body type - she's almost sixty and a perfect size eight. The woman snacks constantly and lives on Pepsi, so.... YMMV. Her sisters (four of them) are all pretty slender yet too. My dad's side (he has six sisters), are all very, very heavy, I just didn't inherit that.

But you know what made 15 pounds drop off DH & I these last couple of months? I've never seen weight just melt off the two of us. He had given up soda and I don't drink it but rarely. But we decided to try a gluten free/semi grain free diet for DD. The whole family pitched in. Oldest DD lost weight, and DH and I lost about 15 pounds over the course of seven weeks. It was shocking.

It also made me aware how many grains we actually eat. We're back and not eating GF currently while Rebecca undergoes allergy testing, BUT we're watching our grain intake. I found out a lot about grains, especially wheat, and I really don't believe we're meant to intake the sheer amount we do - on purpose, on accident, or simply by craving it!

Edited by BlsdMama

I would die! LOL!:lol:

But when it comes down to any sort of "plan", I would just stick to the good old fashioned (original) FOOD PYRAMID! The key to the food pyramid is to know what an actual portion/serving is.

It's not "No Sweets" EVER. I'd die, too.

It's "no Sweets" except on days that start with S or holidays/special days. IOW, no Sweets on Mon. thru Fri. but have them on the weekends. Or on a birthday or holiday that falls during the week...Thanksgiving, for example.

hth

It's "no Sweets" except on days that start with S or holidays/special days. IOW, no Sweets on Mon. thru Fri. but have them on the weekends. Or on a birthday or holiday that falls during the week...Thanksgiving, for example.

hth

LOL! That would still kill me!! :D (die hard sweet eater here!)