Menu

Free eBooks by Project Gutenberg

Yes, it's the grandDaddy of all ebooks sites. :)

You'll find classics in many languages there. THey also have sister sites. For example, European laws differ from US laws regarding copyrights. So there's a European Gutenberg. There's also a Canadian one where copyrights are only good for 50 years. So any book published in Canada is free of copyright sooner than the rest of the world. ;)

I got a Nook for Christmas and downloaded a couple of PG books onto it. They are very well done and easy to read on the Nook. I downloaded a few free classic books from the Barnes and Noble web-site with mixed results. Some had terrible formatting. It was very hit or miss. I'm going to stick with PG for the free classics.

I'm not interested in reading on the computer, but they are great with an e-reader.

I got a Nook for Christmas and downloaded a couple of PG books onto it. They are very well done and easy to read on the Nook. I downloaded a few free classic books from the Barnes and Noble web-site with mixed results. Some had terrible formatting. It was very hit or miss. I'm going to stick with PG for the free classics.

I'm not interested in reading on the computer, but they are great with an e-reader.

:iagree:I also got the Nook for Christmas and have downloaded from both PG and B&N. Haven't had a problem with either one, but found a lot more at PG than at BN.