Menu

Going to Corpus Christi...questions

I also vote for the Lex in one day, Aquarium in 1/2 day. There is a museum, Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, nearby which has replicas of the Nina and Santa Maria (two of Columbus' ships). It has a nice children's area and other exhibits on Texas history and exploration. You might split a day between the museum and the aquarium. We enjoyed the aquarium, but I would agree that it is not nearly as extensive as the Atlanta aquarium. There is plenty there to educate and entertain a 4 year old for 1/2 a day.

We're the opposite from everyone else. We usually spend 2 days just at the Aquarium and maybe 1/2 a day at the Lex. The Aquarium is the big reason we go to Corpus instead of somewhere else along the Gulf coast. :)

We didn't like the Museum of Science and History, personally. When we went, we left after just a couple of hours. The replicas of the Nina and Santa Maria were cool for adults, but there's nothing to touch or do so my littles were BORED. LOL!

I definitely vote for the beach while you're there though! There's also Cole Park, a playground right. on. the beach. It's also a huge favorite. There's a HUGE skate park next to the park that seems to be well regulated to it if your bigs like to skate.

I could easily do both in one day because I think the Lexington is boring. I wouldn't want to spend more than an hour or so there. I loved the aquarium though and could easily have spent the entire day there, from opening to closing.

If you've never done either one, I'd recommend planning on a day for each. If you start at one and end up feeling like you're done relatively early, then go do the other. There are much better options for lunch at the aquarium than at the Lexington.

Well, the Museum of Science and History isn't entertaining, but it is educational - I guess it depends on your family's preferences in museums. I will agree that I enjoyed them a lot more than the kids. I thought it was neat to stand inside the ships and see how very very small they actually were.