Menu

IPOD Touch warranty question

shea

My daughter received a new IPOD Touch for Christmas. I was wondering which warranty, if any, I should purchase. I don't know if I should go with the Apple warranty or Square Trade. Anyone have any suggestions, preferences, or personal experiences to share? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue

I don't have any experience using a Squaretrade warranty, although we have one for our Wii... I have used Apple's warranty on an iPod and would definitely recommend it. They were fast, professional, and courteous. And I know someone else who had a product covered out-of-warranty because (the person on the phone specifically said) she had purchased the extended plan from Apple. Obviously that doesn't happen in every case, but you never know... :)

I would definitely go for the Apple warranty also. I didn't have an extra warranty, so when I dropped my touch I had to pay $149, which was cheaper than new, at least. The darn things are so slippery - if she doesn't have a skin or case, buy one immediately! And the people at the Apple store rock! They saw my special needs son wasn't going to handle the wait, so they quietly found someone to help me right away.:001_smile:

My daughter received a new IPOD Touch for Christmas. I was wondering which warranty, if any, I should purchase. I don't know if I should go with the Apple warranty or Square Trade. Anyone have any suggestions, preferences, or personal experiences to share? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue