Menu

The best gift

All the presents are opened. What are dd and dh playing and have been all morning? Nerf guns. These little $7.00 guns have outshined the books, the laptop from Grammy, the clothes, other toys.

It is fun to see them playing this way.

Until they each sit near me so the other is afraid to shoot. Not quite as a shield, but close.

All the presents are opened. What are dd and dh playing and have been all morning? Nerf guns. These little $7.00 guns have outshined the books, the laptop from Grammy, the clothes, other toys.

It is fun to see them playing this way.

Until they each sit near me so the other is afraid to shoot. Not quite as a shield, but close.

:lol::lol::lol:

Girls are playing with the AG stable, horse and dolls that I scored from Craigslist! :hurray::hurray:

DS is playing with Lego.:hurray:

Yesterday, the genius purchase that I gave to each kid so they would be busy all day was three of those potholder looms and two bags of loops. I am up to my eyeballs in potholders!:lol:

The laptop, digital camera, Wii game, and computer game are all sitting here being ignored while ds and dh are at the kitchen table putting together the new lego set and eating Vienna sausages (they were stocking stuffers). It is a pretty cool lego set though. :tongue_smilie:

The best gift this year for us was the fact that it's just been a great holiday. The food was good, everyone loved their gifts, we got snow, we're all healthy and warm and loved.

As far as the stuff part of it, DD has been very happy with her puzzles and bath stuff; DS loved the leather gloves and the cash! LOL I put each bill in the phone book and wrote up clues as to where to look to find the bill. You can't just shake the phone book to get the money out; you have to find the page where the bill is! :lol: He loved it!

We've already played one of the card games that came in a stocking (there's always some type of game in each stocking).

We've started working on a puzzle globe. That was a gift for the 15yo who is the one and only person in the house who would never work on such a thing. She's Aspie and knows it would spark a meltdown. The rest of us have been working on it.

Right now the 17yo is playing on her own personal DS. All 3 girls shared one, but since the 17yo will be leaving for college, we wanted to get her one of her own so she could take it with her.

The 12yo is working on the Lego Taj Mahal that she got from her grampa. He's SO very excited to finally have a grandchild who is interested in architecture and that she's a Lego nut is a huge boost also.

The 15yo is actually doing dishes right now instead of something fun. As I said before, she's my Aspie. Dishes are her Saturday morning routine, so she's following her routine. She said that she'll probably play Epic Mickey when she's done (that one was a combined gift for all three girls).

We've already played one of the card games that came in a stocking (there's always some type of game in each stocking).

We've started working on a puzzle globe. That was a gift for the 15yo who is the one and only person in the house who would never work on such a thing. She's Aspie and knows it would spark a meltdown. The rest of us have been working on it.

Right now the 17yo is playing on her own personal DS. All 3 girls shared one, but since the 17yo will be leaving for college, we wanted to get her one of her own so she could take it with her.

The 12yo is working on the Lego Taj Mahal that she got from her grampa. He's SO very excited to finally have a grandchild who is interested in architecture and that she's a Lego nut is a huge boost also.

The 15yo is actually doing dishes right now instead of something fun. As I said before, she's my Aspie. Dishes are her Saturday morning routine, so she's following her routine. She said that she'll probably play Epic Mickey when she's done (that one was a combined gift for all three girls).

I just googled Lego Taj Mahal. Dh and ds are both drooling over it and asking for it at the next gift giving occasion. It is amazing!

We got 2 nerf guns and couldn't figure out how they worked, so we tossed them. BUT, the barn and fairies/unicorns/mermaids were a BIG hit. DD9 got a bagful of cooking stuff; measuring cups & spoons, spatulas, mixing bowls, and 2 kids cookbooks. She was THRILLED! And I got a pair of kitchen shears that are MINE ONLY. NOBODY will cut paper or tape with them. PERIOD.