Menu

Anyone else get a white Christmas?

It's really coming down here (North of Atlanta) and sticking! (not to the roads yet, but my yard is white). I just checked the local paper, and they said the last time it snowed for Christmas was 128 years ago. Now I just wish I were planning to stay home today so I could relax and enjoy it instead of fretting about whether it's safe to drive and visit people.

In Atlanta, GA - the Deep South - and it is SNOWING on Christmas!!!! What a beautiful and peaceful sight.

Merry Christmas, everyone!! :001_smile:

I'm also OTP in Atlanta (Kennesaw) and it's beautiful! (p.s. Don't tell anyone I said that. I'm the biggest complainer about snow/cold/winter weather in general in the world, and I'd never live it down).

Also, I read that this it has only ever snowed on Christmas day in Atlanta twice since they started recording weather...1891 and 1892. :D

ETA: Oops! I just saw that kokotg just posted darn near the same thing. It helps if I read all the posts before I reply.

Edited by QValencia

In Atlanta, GA - the Deep South - and it is SNOWING on Christmas!!!! What a beautiful and peaceful sight.

Merry Christmas, everyone!! :001_smile:

I am a little over a hour west of Atlanta in deep south Alabama and really loving our white Christmas.

It's such a treat! I have always wanted a white Christmas. I am 40 and getting a child hood dream.

we didn't get a lot but did make a miniature snowman

We are having the snowiest December in recorded history in Kentucky. It's not that much snow in terms of inches, it has just been constant since Thanksgiving and we generally don't even have snow in December.... We also don't generally have a month of temps at or below freezing as we've had this year, which is why the snow has lingered....

This evening, yes. We did have some this morning about an hour north (where we were for Christmas brunch with family), but not here until this evening. It's still exciting, as the last actual accumulation of snow on Christmas day here was in 1947 and before that it was 1880, per the paper.

Woke up this morning and it is STILL snowing!! It started sticking pretty good around 2pm yesterday and we are now officially snowed in. This is probably the largest accumulation we have had in the 6 years we have lived here. And in December, no less.

White Christmas indeed... ;)

Georgia

We did in England! It was my kids' first white Christmas ever. It snowed last Saturday and in the middle of the week, so it's been white and beautiful all week. Unfortunately, we live on a little country road that doesn't get sanded, so I've been afraid to drive all week. Dh is brave, though, and has done all the errands.