Menu

Remember that Thread about Lexus Commercials and giving cars for Christmas...........

well, that whole idea is alive and well at my sister's house. I just hung up the phone and my sister bought a new Lexus for her dh (who is, imo, one of the kindest , nicest people on the planet - and that's not b/c he puts up with my sister - he is a great person).

She had the key and she wrapped the key in a tiny box and put it under the tree. She and my mom drove to the dealer (near their house) early this a.m. and my sister drove the new car home -- the dealer had one of those huge bows that you see on tv in the car for her -- that was the condition of the sale - she wanted the bow.

When my bil unwrapped the box with the key and went and looked in the driveway, he was speechless -- and stunned.......probably b/c when they pulled in from church last night, the gift wasn't there.:auto:

I have to admit, that's a pretty awesome gift & neat way to gift it. :thumbup:

Dh got a new car this year that I helped pick out for him & pay (by putting money aside for-EVER so we could pay it off cash) but alas it was not a surprise. That would have been really fun if I could have pulled something like that off. I did surprise him by picking it up a day earlier than he expected (and pulled it off when we have more kids than will fit in the back seat ;)) so that made it extra fun for me.

But a Lexus for Christmas, pretty cool!!

I have to admit, that's a pretty awesome gift & neat way to gift it. :thumbup:

Dh got a new car this year that I helped pick out for him & pay (by putting money aside for-EVER so we could pay it off cash) but alas it was not a surprise. That would have been really fun if I could have pulled something like that off. I did surprise him by picking it up a day earlier than he expected (and pulled it off when we have more kids than will fit in the back seat ;)) so that made it extra fun for me.

But a Lexus for Christmas, pretty cool!!

I applaud you on being able to do that for your dh -- if you are like me and my dh, it takes all our effort to get all the ducks in the row so we can get a new car -- a big red bow on top is not something that even figures into my equation.;)

I don't think I would want dh to buy me a car I had never even seen, but I have to admit it might be nice to have such a huge surprise just once. Kudos to your sister for puling it off!

Well, she knew what he wanted b/c he was about ready to trade in his other car - so he talked about what he wanted to buy himself after the holidays -- I will say that they surprise each other with gifts like this quite often but it's always something they know that the other specifically wants. I guess the surprise is the timing not so much the actual gift.

I always make sure my dh always knows the specifics in case he ever wins the lottery and wants to surprise me -- I love surprises but I want to be surprised with what I want.:D

Well, I can only dream of the day that happens here :lol: Cool surprise! That's neat your sister was able to do that, I bet she enjoyed the expression on her dh's face when he saw it.

EXACTLY -- my bil IS a rocket scientist -- he is super super intelligent BUT can get lost taking out the garbage.:glare: My mom said that the expression on his face when he saw this in the driveway was priceless -- last thing he knew, he had pulled in from church last night in his VW Passat, locked the car, and walked into the house, locked the house, and went to bed. From what I understand, his reaction was excellent -- my bil is an incredibly mellow person. He spent 45 minutes on the phone with our ds10 this morning walking him through the steps to tune his new 12 string guitar.:001_smile:

EXACTLY -- my bil IS a rocket scientist -- he is super super intelligent BUT can get lost taking out the garbage.:glare: My mom said that the expression on his face when he saw this in the driveway was priceless -- last thing he knew, he had pulled in from church last night in his VW Passat, locked the car, and walked into the house, locked the house, and went to bed. From what I understand, his reaction was excellent -- my bil is an incredibly mellow person. He spent 45 minutes on the phone with our ds10 this morning walking him through the steps to tune his new 12 string guitar.:001_smile:

Let us know when he can play "Dust in the Wind" on it! :D I love 12 string.

Merry Christmas!

My dh did this for me for valentine's day in 1997 right before we found out we were pregnant with our 5th/6th babies. It wasn't a Lexus, but a 7pass Ford Econo van that we had been looking at for weeks. It had a big bow on it and he drove it home from work one day. I was very surprised because it was the first nearly new vehicle we had been able to purchase. If we hadn't lost one of the twins we wouldn't have been able to fit in the van after they were born. Ironic.

My dh did this for me for valentine's day in 1997 right before we found out we were pregnant with our 5th/6th babies. It wasn't a Lexus, but a 7pass Ford Econo van that we had been looking at for weeks. It had a big bow on it and he drove it home from work one day. I was very surprised because it was the first nearly new vehicle we had been able to purchase. If we hadn't lost one of the twins we wouldn't have been able to fit in the van after they were born. Ironic.

:grouphug: OH, I'm so sorry for your loss. How terrible. :(

How does one spend that kind of money without one's dh knowing about it?

:bigear:

Is she of "independent means"? :001_smile:

They are quite well off. Must be nice.

Let us know when he can play "Dust in the Wind" on it! :D I love 12 string.

Merry Christmas!

I will. He's been playing all day and I love the sound of it.:)