Menu

Help for the tchnologically challenged

When I plug a device into a usb port, a safely remove hardware button appears at the bottom of my desktop in a task bar.

I hover the mouse over the buttons to find out what they are for, if I don't already know.

Click on it and it will give you choices to click on and you choose the drive the device is plugged into. I choose them all, clicking on that button over and over, if I can't figure out which one my device is plugged into.

Ds got an Air Hogs remote control helicopter from Santa. It charges via USB on the computer. Directions say to use the Windows "Safely Remove Hardware" option to disconnect. Anyone know how to do this?

Mr. Ellie says that first you need to know which version of Windows you're running. He says there's an icon on the lower right of your screen which will tell you.

He also says he doesn't know why you couldn't just remove the charger.:confused:

When I plug a device into a usb port, a safely remove hardware button appears at the bottom of my desktop in a task bar.

I hover the mouse over the buttons to find out what they are for, if I don't already know.

Click on it and it will give you choices to click on and you choose the drive the device is plugged into. I choose them all, clicking on that button over and over, if I can't figure out which one my device is plugged into.

Thanks. We'll look for that.