Menu

have you ever had a virus that made you feel drugged?

My whole family has been sick most of December. But just in the last couple of days, dh and I have been feeling really strange. Headaches, dizziness, feeling like it's swimming through jello to form a thought, some hot and cold, tiredness, etc, are the main symptoms. It's not all the time, and for me it seems to get worse as the day goes on. Last night I was going to wrap presents during the football game, but instead I laid down on my bed and was out of it until the third quarter when I actually - gasp! - turned the TV off and went to sleep!

Carbon Monoxide was my FRIST though. PLEASE have someone bring over their detector TONIGHT---even if you have one to make sure yours isn't defective. If you can't do that, then call 911 and they can come over. They would MUCH rather come over and just check it out for you than deal with something later.

My sister almost died from that about 15 years ago. One more night of it and she would not have made it. It was a slow leak that was poisoning her over time. Her dh was not as affected as he was gone more and she slept closer to the vent where it was coming out.

Carbon Monoxide was my FRIST though. PLEASE have someone bring over their detector TONIGHT---even if you have one to make sure yours isn't defective. If you can't do that, then call 911 and they can come over. They would MUCH rather come over and just check it out for you than deal with something later.

:iagree:

There isn't a carbon monoxide source in her house, everyone. It most certainly isn't that. You have to have combustion for Carbon Monoxide and they don't.:D So, don't worry!

cathmom, I felt like that last weekend when I got so sick. I'm still not all the way better (and you know I have no voice at all right now!):tongue_smilie:

My sister almost died from that about 15 years ago. One more night of it and she would not have made it. It was a slow leak that was poisoning her over time. Her dh was not as affected as he was gone more and she slept closer to the vent where it was coming out.

Don't worry, Ottakkee - it isn't possible for that to be it.

There isn't a carbon monoxide source in her house, everyone. It most certainly isn't that. You have to have combustion for Carbon Monoxide and they don't.:D So, don't worry!

cathmom, I felt like that last weekend when I got so sick. I'm still not all the way better (and you know I have no voice at all right now!):tongue_smilie:

GOOD. I just thought the timing might be right for a gas furnace or water heater, etc--started when the weather turned cold. I think we all mentioned that is CO poisoning can be deadly and quick and if there was any chance of that we wanted that ruled out first.

It's not all the time, and for me it seems to get worse as the day goes on

Yes, I had a mono-like thing that knocked me out about 2 pm every day. I would get up and function fairly fine, fall asleep by 2 and wake up 6 a.m and do it again, for about 3 weeks. Very odd. Listen to your body.

(I agree about the CO, BTW)