Menu

Strange Day...

I woke up this morning in a bit of a panic, with an urgency that I had to hurry up and shower and get dressed and get out of here to get everything done. So I did just that...showered, dressed, grabbed a cup of coffee and got in the car.

Except....I realized that I didn't actually have anywhere to go. And it made me really uneasy. So I drove to the wine store to pick up a couple of bottles to take to my niece's house tomorrow (she's hosting Christmas dinner), and then I sat in the parking lot and darn near started crying. For nothing. I just started feeling really lonely, as if my not having anything to do or anywhere to go today somehow translates into my not being an integral part of anyone's lives. Or something. I don't know...it's just dumb, I guess, and hit me out of nowhere.

So I came back home and I'm sitting in my bedroom with the door closed, looking at the last few little things that need to be wrapped but with NO desire whatsoever to do it.

This is a really bizarre feeling for me, and frankly I'm feeling rather annoyed with myself because there's just no reason for it. Strange.

Anyone else feeling out of sorts today? If so, big hugs to you, and you're not alone!

Apparently the sense of urgency I should have has been transferred to you. Sorry. I've got a ton of stuff to do, and no urgency to do it at all. I need to shop for food for this afternoon (family coming) and some last-minute presents, and wrap them, and the house is far from clean. And here I am on the WTM site.

:grouphug: Maybe you just didn't procrastinate enough? Then you'd have lots of last minute stuff to do. :tongue_smilie:

(((HUGS!!))) I can really relate. I have one gift left to buy and I am so unmotivated. I just don't feel like Christmas this year. I am really trying for the kids but honestly it is all I can do to keep from crying whenever I think about anything Christmas-y.

I had my breakdown Monday evening in Target, if that helps. :tongue_smilie:

I woke up this morning in a bit of a panic, with an urgency that I had to hurry up and shower and get dressed and get out of here to get everything done. So I did just that...showered, dressed, grabbed a cup of coffee and got in the car.

Except....I realized that I didn't actually have anywhere to go. And it made me really uneasy. So I drove to the wine store to pick up a couple of bottles to take to my niece's house tomorrow (she's hosting Christmas dinner), and then I sat in the parking lot and darn near started crying. For nothing. I just started feeling really lonely, as if my not having anything to do or anywhere to go today somehow translates into my not being an integral part of anyone's lives. Or something. I don't know...it's just dumb, I guess, and hit me out of nowhere.

So I came back home and I'm sitting in my bedroom with the door closed, looking at the last few little things that need to be wrapped but with NO desire whatsoever to do it.

This is a really bizarre feeling for me, and frankly I'm feeling rather annoyed with myself because there's just no reason for it. Strange.

Anyone else feeling out of sorts today? If so, big hugs to you, and you're not alone!

I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

I don't know your situation, but can you and your dc visit extended family members, neighbors or friends for Christmas?

Thanks everyone for the support (and, to some, for the commiseration!).

I ended up taking myself to see a movie and I feel much better. I also remembered that this happens to me most years, some time around Christmas. I had a total deja vu sitting in the theater from one of the many other near-Christmas days I've spent alone in theaters. How I'd forgotten that is beyond me.

I don't know if it's letdown from the build up of it all (because I really do love the holiday season, in theory at least), or a melancholy from another year ending without my having accomplished what I think I should, or maybe a touch of loneliness, but it is what it is. I'll get over it. I always do.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Me. Totally.:grouphug: to you!

(((HUGS!!))) I am so unmotivated. I just don't feel like Christmas this year. I am really trying for the kids but honestly it is all I can do to keep from crying whenever I think about anything Christmas-y.

. :tongue_smilie:

This is so me right now. I used to at least have Christmas Eve to relax, and not do anything. Not for a few years now. I haven't watched any Christmas movies, made cookies, the house isn't clean, I do have a ton of laundry to do today.... I've been trying not to cry all day. More like all week. Not feeling the spirit this year. It just feels like another chore.

:grouphug::grouphug: to all of you feeling the same!