Menu

the holidays are very hard for some people

Just wanted to acknowledge and send love and :grouphug: out to those who struggle (often silently) during this time of year, either because of losses of people to death or other situations/circumstances such as joblessness, financial strain, relationship problems, etc.

I understand from experience, though time has brought some healing. While I don't know all of you personally, know that you are collectively in my thoughts and heart as you walk through this time with all of the jolly surroundings when you don't feel at all jolly.:grouphug:

My DS is named after a dear family friend that passed away on Christmas Day. DS was born the next week. His wife is now my children's adopted Grannie. I always think of her and how hard this time must be for her. I also try to remember to do a little extra to let her know we are thinking about her.

I have several other friends who are spending their first Christmas missing a family member that was lost unexpectedly. I have been praying for them and letting them know I am thinking of them as well.

You know, my twin brother died 28 years ago this Dec. 27th. The days this year are lining up exactly as they did that year, and while I am not full of sorrow [time does indeed help] I am keenly aware of the events leading up to his death and the suffering my parents must still go through.

When I became a parent, I remember calling my mom and letting her know that I was beginning to understand a little of what she must have went through. It is unnatural.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: To all of you going through sadness this holiday season. I hope that you can find joy in little things as you walk through your own personal valleys.

:grouphug: to all you out there. It's so hard for me because I haven't had contact with my family for over 5 years--my choice. This year it's gotten better since I have been newly adopted over a year ago by my now mother. I love it but we don't get to spend Christmas together. My father who raised me died in February and I hadn't seen or talked with him in over 5years so it's a little weird this year too because of that. I think of how the mother I grew up with and my sister are coping with him being gone.

I am blessed with a wonderful dh and 7 lovely kids. I make the choice to focus on them and have a wonderful Christmas even if it is hard sometimes. I am praying for all of us that are a little down this year.

I'd like to express my heartfelt wishes that all who feel a heaviness at this time shall be lifted up and comforted and their burden shall slip from them so quietly that they will hardly feel them pass, save for the refreshment of their souls....

What a lovely way to express this.:grouphug:

More :grouphug: to all of you out there who need them...you know who you are. You are not alone. You are on my heart this season, even if I don't know you personally.:grouphug: