Menu

39 Clues Question

kbpaulie

My son has just started reading book one of the 39 Clues. Here's the question though, can you read just the books? (These are library copies w/ no game cards and I don't want him on the internet much.) In other words, will he still be able to solve the clues and follow along. If not wondering if we should stop now rather than get frustrated later.

Thanks much-

KB

:iagree: My girl got one from the library and then really wanted the cards and to play the internet stuff. She got one pack and played with it but since it was something she had to spend her own money on, it ended there. It seems that it was okay but not that great.

The books, though . . . the new just won't wear off.

My son is 8, loving these books. I've also enjoyed them. But beware that the brother and sister frequently fight, the extended family is selfish to the point of trying to kill one another, and prize for completing the 39 clues is some sort of world power (we haven't finished yet, so not sure how this ends). So it may not be for everyone.

KB