Menu

For those who use Mystery of History...

TheAutumnOak

I just finished MOH-1 and did not get the downloads (regrettably), but a friend of mine did and was very pleased. Her kids (ages 9, 7, 6, and 3) ALL would listen to the lessons! The previous version was a little annoying/overwhelming with background music, but now there is an option to listen with or without the music. HTH! : )

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

I get them because you can listen to them in the car, and because Linda Hobar is much better to listen to than I am, LOL. I bought the CD's because I wasn't sure I would be able to burn them to listen to in the car but now that I know how to burn CD's from MP3's I'm going to buy downloads in the future.

The cs are great! Linda's voice is so sweet. My kids love listening to her. My oldest likes both, to listen and at the same time follow with the book. The cd's are great for reinforcement in the car.

The cdRom is not worth it IMO unless you have an older student. Even so , you could find free maps to print and do narrations instead of tests.

I do have a cdRom for notebooking from holdthatthought.com -Advanced History. I print whatever we are studying and my kids (7,6) write a few lines of what we've read. It has maps, artists study, etc. It has every historic moment or person you can imagine. It's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Do the CDs and Downloads have equal content?

I think the downloads for the 2nd Edition of Volume 1 are available with or without music while the CD is only available with music but what she reads is the same on all.