Menu

Now I'm really in trouble

I posted a while back that I hadn't started Christmas shopping (on the 15th). Well, I managed to get out and get the out of town gifts bought and shipped, then DD came down with a nasty nasty cold. I couldn't go out with her and couldn't get someone to watch her to buy her presents. DH has been working insane hours, coming home at 9 or 10 every night. My in-laws are doctors and won't watch DD when she's sick because they could get sick and compromise their patients.

Our second car died just before Thanksgiving and we just got a replacement this week, which meant I was stranded with no car until this week, so I couldn't get out easily anyway. Money also got extremely tight with the unexpected purchase of a car straining our budget.

DH promised we'd get things bought today or tomorrow (nothing like cutting it close). I figured it would all work out.

I woke up last night with the stomach flu. It's not pretty. So now we have no presents for DD or each other, I'm sick, and DD is barely getting over her cold. DH got called into the office (it's supposed to be closed today) so he's 40 miles away working.

It's not looking like much of a Christmas over here. I don't know what we're going to do. I feel terrible for DD and am hoping that she won't really notice since she's only three. She understands about Santa, but he mostly brings just the stockings in our house.

Whine over. I just needed to vent. Off to the bathroom - again.

It's not looking like much of a Christmas over here. I don't know what we're going to do. I feel terrible for DD and am hoping that she won't really notice since she's only three. She understands about Santa, but he mostly brings just the stockings in our house.

Whine over. I just needed to vent. Off to the bathroom - again.

My 3 year old wouldn't notice if we celebrated Christmas on the "right" day or not. Buy the presents on Sunday and CELEBRATE on Monday (can your husband get Monday off and be home?)

Or next Saturday!

She is so little, she'd probably be thrilled with just a couple of things. Do you have any idea of what you want to get her? Maybe dh could pick those things up for you?

If not, I think I'd celebrate on a different day. When my kids were little, I did that all the time with their birthdays and they never noticed. I wanted to do one celebration, so we'd just act like whatever day the party was on was their actual birthday. When they are 3, it really doesn't matter to them.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Lisa

Why didn't I think of that?! DH's family celebrates New Year's Day anyway so we can do the big celebration next week. Christmas can be the gifts from my family which we've received and maybe DH can get out and do the "Santa Assist", if you know what I mean.

Now it looks like DD is coming down with the same thing I've got. Heaven help us all.

DH is going out tomorrow with lists, probably with his mom. They'll make sure we have a nice Christmas, complete with Santa. We also have the gifts my side of the family has sent so we should be OK.

My in-laws don't celebrate Christmas but do have a grand old time with New Years. It's a Turkish thing. This year I'm VERY grateful for it - we'll have the big dinner then, more presents, more fun. I'll look at Scottish New Year traditions (I'm reportedly Scottish) too. That could be fun.

My MIL came over tonight (wearing nitrile gloves) with groceries, made rice and potatoes, and played with DD. She agreed I've got a virus (we were wondering if it was food poisoning). Nothing to do but wait it out. I told her to go home and take a good shower. I do not want her catching this!!

Everything's always better when DH comes home and takes over. He promises it's all going to be OK. :001_wub:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I am sure she won't notice if you don't let her.

When our twins were 2 1/2 we had moved into our new house two weeks before Christmas. The twins and I went to FL to visit my Dad/Stepmom while Dh moved the stuff and got everything settled.

The kids and I got home on the 23nd. Dh was already sick with the flu, no tree up, nothing unpacked. Barely had the beds together. The next day Dd and I were sick. Christmas morning Ds was sick and Dd and I were in the ER getting breathing treatments.

None of us paid any attention about Christmas. We celebrated on New Years Day instead.