Menu

Photos of my Santa Bread..............

I can see that by the third or fourth one, he will look perfect. Not difficult at all, not time consuming at all.

My biggest difficulty was that I used frozen bread dough purchased in a store (Bridgford brand) - I thawed it and just found it not to have the stretchiness that I needed and wanted.

I may try this again tonight with my own bread dough.

BUT, all that being said, it is adorable looking and anything that doesn't look quite right before it is baked, gets smoothed out in the oven.

Bon appetit!

post-10544-1353508425588_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084256177_thumb.jpg

post-10544-1353508425588_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084256177_thumb.jpg

red food coloring in the egg wash -- you need alot of red to make red -- without enough red, it comes out pinkish.:001_smile:

I'm familiar with that problem. Did I post about my midnight run to the grocery the night before ds's bday party for more red food coloring? :glare:

The bread looks awesome though!

I love it!

That's awesome!! Great work!

I'm familiar with that problem. Did I post about my midnight run to the grocery the night before ds's bday party for more red food coloring? :glare:

The bread looks awesome though!

The children and I thank you -- it truly could not have taken but 20 minutes -- it is one of those things that you cannot help but smile at when you look at it.:D

I cannot take any credit for this -- someone here posted the photo a couple of days ago and said they were going to make it --

I was smitten with it immediately and finally today, we gave it a whirl.

Here is the website that I used as it had photos and I am a visual learner ;):

http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/santa-bread/

Thank you all very much for your kind words - I already have some ideas about tweaking the decorating -- apple jam (as glue) and coconut flakes on the pom-pom and brim of the hat.

Here is how mine turned out. It was very fun to make and not that hard. The kids loved it. I cut it into thin slices and served it with chili cheese dip and fruit skewers. I think we may have a new tradition.

I love yours! Wish I had put the eyes up and down. The beard looks amazing. Someone on my FB told me mine looked more like a terrier.... Santa Paws. LOL:D

That looks great! I would totally eat it!;)

I forwarded the original pic from that OP you mentioned a few days ago to ds and he's been stewing about making it ever since. Me? I hate to fail...and I know I would; my guy would look like a crazy, deranged old man instead of Santa and I don't want to scare the children.