Menu

AA cup bras for young girls---help?

I'm looking for new bras for my daughter. She wants something more "grown-up" than the training bras;), but isn't big enough yet for an A cup. So far we've looked at my regular stores (Kmart, Walmart, Target, Kohls) and not not found anything. There seems to be nothing between the thin training bras and the (what seem to me pretty heavily) padded molded cup bras in an A cup. She seems to vary between a 34 and 36 in the band. We did fine with a 34 at Kohls, but needed a 36 when we were at Macy's last night---they did have AA, but only up to 34. We did check the women's section just to see, but the only small cup ones there were majorly pushup bras with this huge shelf of padding in the lower part of the cup!:eek: Not for a 10 year old.:)

So, is there a brand that is minimally padded, with cups, 34-36AA, that is affordable, suitable for a young girl (*not* a push-up bra!) and available in brick and mortar stores (I don't dare order online for this without having her try it on)?

Edited by KarenNC

Just curious if you took her measurements? I did for my dd recently and ended up going with the A cup that has slight padding at Target (those in the girl's section, not women's). Once she put it on, I was surprised how well it fit. I would think that an A would work for your dd based on her need for a 34-36. Unless that's what you're saying you tried...sorry, I don't sound like much help!

Just curious if you took her measurements? I did for my dd recently and ended up going with the A cup that has slight padding at Target (those in the girl's section, not women's). Once she put it on, I was surprised how well it fit. I would think that an A would work for your dd based on her need for a 34-36. Unless that's what you're saying you tried...sorry, I don't sound like much help!

No, I should do her measurements. I'm basing the cup size on having tried on a number of A cup bras and they tend to gap on her.

Are you near a Kohl's? My dd is a bigger band size but we had the same problem with cup size. All we could find was pull-over types and she hated those. I finally found a brand called Barely There. It's a soft stretchy cup and the sizes are S, M, L, etc.

We looked at Kohls, but only in the girls' dept. I'll have to check out the women's department in the other stores. I'll take her (after the holidays;)) to try this style. It looks promising. I'm also hopeful to find a non-underwire, so this may work.

Honestly I think the molded cup ones are really great for girls in early phases of development. That is what I buy for my girls (they are an A cup) because it masks the 'breast bud' and makes everything nice and smooth. I found the thinner training bras still made their breasts look a bit obvious. I don't know if I am describing this correctly.

My 12yo dd likes the Jasmine&Ginger bralette at Dillards. She wanted something in-between a sports bra and a regular bra and this fit the bill perfectly. The padding is removeable.

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502019358&N=1626427+2010978&searchUrl=%2Fendeca%2FEndecaStartServlet%3FN%3D1626427%2B2010978&R=02942176

I'm looking for new bras for my daughter. She wants something more "grown-up" than the training bras;), but isn't big enough yet for an A cup. So far we've looked at my regular stores (Kmart, Walmart, Target, Kohls) and not not found anything. There seems to be nothing between the thin training bras and the (what seem to me pretty heavily) padded molded cup bras in an A cup. She seems to vary between a 34 and 36 in the band. We did fine with a 34 at Kohls, but needed a 36 when we were at Macy's last night---they did have AA, but only up to 34. We did check the women's section just to see, but the only small cup ones there were majorly pushup bras with this huge shelf of padding in the lower part of the cup!:eek: Not for a 10 year old.:)

So, is there a brand that is minimally padded, with cups, 34-36AA, that is affordable, suitable for a young girl (*not* a push-up bra!) and available in brick and mortar stores (I don't dare order online for this without having her try it on)?

I would recommend looking at JC Penney.

Back in the dark ages when my mother took me to purchase my first bra we went to Penney's.

I swear it was a red letter day on the calendar for my Mother.

When the clerk asked if she could help us, Mother informed her, as well as everyone else in the store "We are here to purchase my daughter's first bra."

I wanted to fall right through the floor and die.

Suffice to say the clerk showed us the selection of bras, I choose the which appealed to me and we left the store with our purchase.

Mother also treated me to a special lunch for the day.

By the way I still purchase my bras from JC Penney as they have the best selection I've found.

Edited by kalphs

"Thank goodness it fits" is the brand I used to wear when I was around her age. Don't know if still available. Google it and see. They had almost A, and sizes like that.

Looks like the "Barely There" custom flexfit line has replaced these. I'll look for them.

Edited by KarenNC

Honestly I think the molded cup ones are really great for girls in early phases of development. That is what I buy for my girls (they are an A cup) because it masks the 'breast bud' and makes everything nice and smooth. I found the thinner training bras still made their breasts look a bit obvious. I don't know if I am describing this correctly.

I think we're in that phase as well (where the training bras make things more obvious), but I have to admit I'm working to wrap my mind around a padded bra:). I guess in part it's because I certainly haven't needed any extra padding as long as I can remember;). Maybe what I'm seeing are indeed "lightly lined" rather than padded and I need to adjust my expecations. We have tried the molded cups and I think if I could find a AA, it would work nicely.

:iagree: