Menu

I just want to cry....

I just want to sit down and cry. It's a long story revolving around ds and his girlfriend's family. Our families have two completely different belief systems and thoughts about parenting. (We are conservative; they are quite liberal.) Those differences reared their ugly little heads again last night.

The joy of Christmas was literally sucked out of me. No matter how we respond, our next days are going to be strained and unhappy. Note to parents of teens...respect the way others raise their kids.

So do you mean that he'll choose to go spend the day with her family instead of yours? Can he maybe do some of both? Can you just shrug it off as 'young love' (surely we've all been there) and not LET it ruin things for you, and just celebrate with him separately on another day even if it's not right ON Christmas? I don't know what the situation is but try (really, TRY- it might take effort to have a positive attitude but I think it's important) to not let it ruin things for you or the rest of the family. :grouphug:

(He's so head over heels for her. I think if she asked him to swim naked in the ice he'd do it.)

I'm sorry, but I just have to laugh. I think this is what my dh's parents think, too, and we're going on 18 years together!

I'm sorry it's hard with the "in-laws". Maybe it's hard for them, too?

:grouphug:

:lol: I'm afraid my in-laws thought the same. My mom told me when we were decorating for the wedding she ask my mil's opinion and she said "It doesn't matter, whatever Debbie wants is what dh will do." That was over 20 yrs ago.

Hang in there. I hope you can all eventually find harmony.

From a conservative mom to another, if he has been involved with her for less than a 9 months don't even give this another thought. My boys were raised with a courting not dating mindset, but two still went ahead and dated and they picked liberal girls. Once the novelty wore off, and it does, they lost interest and gradually started dating girls that whose beliefs were more similar to our own. Don't lose sleep over this unless this has been a long term relationship.

:lol: I'm afraid my in-laws thought the same. My mom told me when we were decorating for the wedding she ask my mil's opinion and she said "It doesn't matter, whatever Debbie wants is what dh will do." That was over 20 yrs ago.

Lol!