Menu

What is your dh getting for Christmas?

My dh is getting:

camel cashmere topcoat

black cashmere topcoat

a few cashmere sweaters

a few merino wool sweaters

two cashmere scarves (one to go with each coat)

black leather gloves (to go with black coat)

brown leather gloves (to go with camel coat)

about 10 DVD sets (they were on sale at Target for 8.99 each!)

new computer mouse

a fancy hoo-ha lense for his digital SLR camera (I knew which one he wanted, so I ordered it, but I don't really know anything about it.)

and probably a few other things I haven't thought of yet. His birthday and Christmas are only a few weeks apart, so I already gave him the really cool stuff. I should have saved the new laptop for Christmas, but he kept looking at them in the stores and acting like he might buy one. :glare: He does that to me all the time before Christmas -- I'm all excited because I bought him something great, and about 3 days before Christmas, he comes home with the exact. same. thing. :banghead:

I just know he's going to come home with a new coat between now and Christmas.

And then I'll have to kill him. :glare:

That's why I saved all of my receipts. Because once I kill him, I can get cash back for all of his presents and buy a little something for myself. ;)

Cat

First off--- Cat, can I be your husband? Pretty please? Just for this Christmas? ;)

My hubby is getting 4 shirts that my daughter picked out. One is pink---yes, I kept the receipt. He also asked for a weather station from Hammacher Schlemmer, which apparently was popular because it's now sold out. Good thing I have mine.

I feel like I should get him more stuff, but he's building an electric car in our garage right now and has been buying a lot of stuff for that so he told me that that can count as part of his Christmas gift.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...he's building an electric car in our garage right now and has been buying a lot of stuff for that so he told me that that can count as part of his Christmas gift.

That is so cool! My husband is proud of himself when he gets the electric trains to go around the Christmas tree a couple times without falling off the tracks, so I am understandably very impressed by your guy!

Cat

A North Face windbreaker for Kayaking

A nice dress coat to go over his suit (he lost his somewhere this year :lol: after only wearing it less than 10 times :glare:)

3 Books on Kayaking in Oregon/Washington and Sea Kayaking

Good drum sticks for Rock Band

Rabbit wine stopper

An emergency battery operated light stick/flashing light/whistle for the kayak.

A waterproof watch

For a family gift I gave everyone new Rock Band 3 game and instruments last weekend. He got the new drum/cymbal set, ds16 a new guitar, dd12 keyboard/stand, and microphone.

So, that was part of his gift as well.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

I managed to get two book recommendations from my husband along with a promise NOT to buy them for himself. He also mentioned the new Tron Wii game. He broke his Kor water bottle, so I replaced that because he likes it a lot. He also wanted a nice scarf to go with his nice long wool coat. New pajamas is a Christmas staple but he likes it. I think that's about it other than an unmentionable that is for me but for him. ;) :lol:

It's all boring (except maybe the unmentionable ;) ) but it's all he could possibly think that he wanted.

My husband is getting a Star Wars original AT-AT with figures inside, a collection of Star Trek glasses, a book with every episode of Star Trek detailed out, and the Batman on Blu-Ray collection. He's a huge nerd, and thus is super easy to buy for!!:lol:

Its amazing how easy those dorks are to buy for isn't it? My husband would love all of those gifts! :D

My DH is getting a Mushbox Mycodome - basically a couple of 5 gallon pails that he can set up to grow mushrooms in the basement. Totally weird, but totally DH. He is a DIY kind of guy to the extreme. He made our (impeccably designed) bathroom cabinets . . . from a tree he chopped down in our backyard several years ago. He's building a race boat in the garage. He makes his own wine. He is the guy that makes the rest of us normal-folk feel lazy.

Since we moved and we've been in utter chaos (and broke) since ...well almost all year. But we moved in early November and either Thursday or Friday night will be the first night we are all in our new house together, including cat and dog. We've been spread out at my parents, he's been at house, then out of town, our lives together have felt like a revolving door. He'll have a few little gifts from us to open, but being back together is the real gift.

We just spend $4000.00 dollars on a new heat pump (bummer)

so I was creative this year, he was given his present last night because we have overnight guest all weekend

he was really happy and surprised and called me several times today saying it was the best Christmas present ever

ME, new fantasy lingerie, spiked heels, etc well you get the picture:blush:

Shhh!! I'm here watching for MomsintheGarden's response. :bigear:

Well, Reg, you're getting...

Sorry, but you know it would spoil the surprise to tell. You are just going to have to wait.

Love,

GardenMom

Carhartt duck work pants and a big jar of pickled garlic.

ETA: Dh wanted to know what I was typing. I explained what the OP posted. He just gave me a funny look and said, "Well, that's silly. What else does he want the other 364 days of the year?"..........*ahem* "tea". Hmmm...we will see how that works with the jar of pickled garlic.

Edited by Cricket

My dh is getting:

camel cashmere topcoat

black cashmere topcoat

a few cashmere sweaters

a few merino wool sweaters

two cashmere scarves (one to go with each coat)

black leather gloves (to go with black coat)

brown leather gloves (to go with camel coat)

about 10 DVD sets (they were on sale at Target for 8.99 each!)

new computer mouse

a fancy hoo-ha lense for his digital SLR camera (I knew which one he wanted, so I ordered it, but I don't really know anything about it.)

and probably a few other things I haven't thought of yet. His birthday and Christmas are only a few weeks apart, so I already gave him the really cool stuff. I should have saved the new laptop for Christmas, but he kept looking at them in the stores and acting like he might buy one. :glare: He does that to me all the time before Christmas -- I'm all excited because I bought him something great, and about 3 days before Christmas, he comes home with the exact. same. thing. :banghead:

I just know he's going to come home with a new coat between now and Christmas.

And then I'll have to kill him. :glare:

That's why I saved all of my receipts. Because once I kill him, I can get cash back for all of his presents and buy a little something for myself. ;)

Cat

have I told you that I'm your biggest fan here? ;):lol:

(hey, what happened to my red bolding?)

Nothing...and he gets me the same.. We make Christmas all about the kids. We don't really need anything that we can't or don't prefer to buy ourselves. We spent too many years getting each other stuff that we had to return! One year, I bought all of my gifts, wrapped them, and put them under the tree for myself. That sucked too. Now, it is just "Merry Christmas" sweetie! LOL

We are, however, getting a wood stove put in on Christmas eve...and on Sunday, I came home with a Christmas CAT for our family. ;)

Edited by Tree House Academy

My DH is getting a Mushbox Mycodome - basically a couple of 5 gallon pails that he can set up to grow mushrooms in the basement. Totally weird, but totally DH. He is a DIY kind of guy to the extreme. He made our (impeccably designed) bathroom cabinets . . . from a tree he chopped down in our backyard several years ago. He's building a race boat in the garage. He makes his own wine. He is the guy that makes the rest of us normal-folk feel lazy.

I *LOVE* his Christmas gift! Will you PLEASE send me one?

The rest of the things totally make me want to take a nap. Does he have ADHD? I wish I did. I have memory issues but struggle with energy issues.:angry:

My hubby bought himself an Android phone a month or so ago... that is his main Christmas present.

From me and the little guys he is getting:

Hickory Farms cheese gift set (he only likes the cheese, not the meats,etc)

Slippers

Sleep pants

Christmas boxers

Our dynamic teen twins are getting him a few things... replacement darts, shirt, and I have no clue what else (they are terrifying when they get together and plan -LOL).

Ok, am I the only one who noticed "Princess Bride" among all of the macho gifts? ;)

Of course, I would never joke about it to his face. After all, he's going to want to try out that new gun...

Cat

My Dh is macho too... and he loves Princess Bride. He is the one who got me to watch it. It is a great movie.

Nothing...and he gets me the same.. We make Christmas all about the kids. We don't really need anything that we can't or don't prefer to buy ourselves. We spent too many years getting each other stuff that we had to return! One year, I bought all of my gifts, wrapped them, and put them under the tree for myself. That sucked too. Now, it is just "Merry Christmas" sweetie! LOL

We are, however, getting a wood stove put in on Christmas eve...and on Sunday, I came home with a Christmas CAT for our family. ;)

We've done the same before...getting nothing. Last night I took dd7 grocery shopping with me. She had brought some of her own money and was determined to buy me a present. I took her to the bath aisle and pointed to the row of bubble bath and bath beads and told her to pick something out while I waited around the corner. On the way home she told me that we are going to be a good family, that everyone will get presents and not just the kids. :lol: I'm thinking gifts must be her love language!

I thought of the very best present for my husband just two days ago. I'm SOOOO STINKIN' EXCITED to give it to him. He's INCREDIBLY hard to buy for and is rarely thrilled by a gift, but this time...THIS TIME...it's going to blow his socks off.

SIRUIS/XM radio.

He's a driver, so he's on the road 12 hours a day. This is going to be perfect for him.

YIPPEE!

I *LOVE* his Christmas gift! Will you PLEASE send me one?

The rest of the things totally make me want to take a nap. Does he have ADHD? I wish I did. I have memory issues but struggle with energy issues.:angry:

How did you guess? ADHD can be more of a blessing than most people recognize. He can't remember to pick up milk, but he has renovated my entire house, grown lots of our food, repaired all of our cars, designed and cleared hiking trails for our town, and built me beautiful furniture . . . I'll get the milk myself.

OTOH, there are some days that his energy drives me nuts. I'll bottle the excess and mail it to you along with the Mycodome. :tongue_smilie:

My dh is getting:

• an FM transmitter that allows him to play his iPod over his car stereo
  • lounging-around-the-house clothes (flannel pants, t-shirts)
  • 2 polo shirts
  • a pair of his favorite jeans
  • a note from me telling him that I am starting a fund to buy him a jon boat
  • stocking stuffers (chocolate covered cherries, underwear, a notepad, toothbrushes, etc.)

DH is getting a Kindle.

Since we are moving to Iowa (from Louisiana) my DH said just get him real winter clothes, but when I went shopping for them I figured that was lame since we were all going clothes shopping for Iowa clothes anyway. So I bought him a Kindle. In passing over the years he has mentioned it would be nice to have one...not a necessity but a cool gadget to play with. He will be totally surprised because he knows I bought him clothes already(he saw the receipts) but those are sitting in a drawer in his dresser that was empty so technically he already has the clothes.

BTW, anyone know where to get replacement suction darts for Nerf guns? The stores only carry the clip darts and whistler darts.

I bought some at Walmart and some at Toys R Us. (My ds is heavily into Nerf guns right now.) Maybe they're just sold out now because it's so close to Christmas. I think TRU was also giving away a free package of replacement darts with Nerf gun purchases recently, and when they do that, they almost never have anything on the racks!

Here's a link to some at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-62575-Suction-Darts-36pk/dp/B00284C4FK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293120472&sr=8-1

Cat

My dh is getting:

A device that will allow him to transfer his old tapes to mp3s

A Brew Your Own Rootbeer Kit

Backyard Ballistics

Finale Songwriter software

That is what I bought for DH, too. BUUUUUUUUUUT as I was cleaning yesterday and emptying bags, lo and behold, I find the exact same thing that DH has already bought. So I call DH, tell him he could at least wait till Christmas before buying cool things and he tells me, "You were with me when I bought that and we had a nice conversation about how I can listen to my old books on tape again!" :confused: :confused: Honestly, I have no recollection of that purchase or conversation. Boy, I must be getting senile :001_huh:.

First off--- Cat, can I be your husband? Pretty please? Just for this Christmas? ;)

I was thinking the opposite - "I bet my husband wishes he was married to Catwoman!" My jaw dropped when I saw that list. My dh would keel over if he got all that stuff.

That said...we don't really live in a climate where any of that is necessary! My dd and I did discuss getting a pea coat for dh, but he'd probably only wear it a handful of days a year. (dd and I are in the Pea Coat Club and only get to wears ours occasionally. On the plus side, we wear flip-flops 9 months out of the year)

That is what I bought for DH, too. BUUUUUUUUUUT as I was cleaning yesterday and emptying bags, lo and behold, I find the exact same thing that DH has already bought. So I call DH, tell him he could at least wait till Christmas before buying cool things and he tells me, "You were with me when I bought that and we had a nice conversation about how I can listen to my old books on tape again!" :confused: :confused: Honestly, I have no recollection of that purchase or conversation. Boy, I must be getting senile :001_huh:.

:lol:

ETA: Dh wanted to know what I was typing. I explained what the OP posted. He just gave me a funny look and said, "Well, that's silly. What else does he want the other 364 days of the year?"..........*ahem* "tea".

We tried that one year. :) The only problem with that is when friends say, "So, what did OC Mom get you for Christmas?" You've gotta have something tangible under the tree to discuss with friends & family!