Menu

Got WWE yesterday...

shinyhappypeople

:iagree: I love WWE . . . the hardback and the workbooks. The combination of WWE and the writing lectures makes for great teacher training. I just have to read, listen, re-read, re-listen over and over and over. It's taking awhile for it to stick and become natural to teach.

The same for me, but what makes it all okay is with WWE and the lectures I actually understand how to teach writing and feel like I can do this.

I agree 100%. I had the WWE 1 workbook but I didn't get the big picture. I read the book a couple months ago and (like you said:D).....WOW! I still have it on my kitchen counter because I refer to it so often.

This is me. The book really helped me see the big picture!

I agree, WWE changed the way I viewed teaching writing, but it wasn't until I listened to her writing lectures that I thought I really can do this on my own. I hated to give up on my CW dream, but SWB just makes it so easy to teach writing with what we are already using. With little man entering the picture, I need all the extra time I can get :D.

I have the WWE1 workbook and have listened to the elementary writing lecture (LOVED IT!!!!). Is it a good idea to also get the Strong Fundamentals book, or is that needed if you've listened to the lecture? Is there more information in SF that isn't in the lecture or the workbook?

Being a math person, writing was my biggest boogey man when it came to homeschooling, but I feel confident about the elementary years after listening to the lecture on that topic.

I know with the SF book, you can ditch the workbooks and find your own passages out of what you're doing regularly, which may be appealing at some point, but this year at least, I'm needing the workbook to hold my hand. :)