Menu

The way things work..........

Ds and dil moved back to Idaho this week. I was/am devastated. I'll miss them so.

The girls and I drove to Manhattan on Friday to help them clean their apartment, move some things and take some "leftovers" that they didn't have room for in the trailer. This included some kitchen stuff. As newlyweds they kept gifts, and sent some of their old "single" kitchen stuff home with us.

Anyhow, tonight on FB I saw a friend gathering items for a nearby family that lost their home and father in a terrible fire last night. We were able to send them plates, bowls, glasses and flatware.

I didn't know where in the world I was going to put all that stuff. Looks like someone else knew.

Ds and dil moved back to Idaho this week. I was/am devastated. I'll miss them so.

The girls and I drove to Manhattan on Friday to help them clean their apartment, move some things and take some "leftovers" that they didn't have room for in the trailer. This included some kitchen stuff. As newlyweds they kept gifts, and sent some of their old "single" kitchen stuff home with us.

Anyhow, tonight on FB I saw a friend gathering items for a nearby family that lost their home and father in a terrible fire last night. We were able to send them plates, bowls, glasses and flatware.

I didn't know where in the world I was going to put all that stuff. Looks like someone else knew.

How sad for them. Buy what joy to be able to give!

Yup.

Btw, I'm still tripping over "The girls and I drove to Manhattan on Friday." Sort of sounds like "the girls and I drove to Walmart on Friday" except, Manhattan????!!! You are something else, Remudamom!!

Oh, and I'm sorry about your son and dil being so far away.:grouphug:

Yup.

Btw, I'm still tripping over "The girls and I drove to Manhattan on Friday." Sort of sounds like "the girls and I drove to Walmart on Friday" except, Manhattan????!!! You are something else, Remudamom!!

Oh, and I'm sorry about your son and dil being so far away.:grouphug:

Is she talking about NY? I thought she meant another Manhattan?

Well then, you've got us on one count. There are no Walmarts in "our" Manhattan (NY.)

Cat

Yeah, that's one of the things I like best about your Manhattan!

BTW, did you know that ours is called "The Little Apple" and was actually settled by New Yorkers attempting to re-create a Manhattan in the midwest?:D

Yeah, that's one of the things I like best about your Manhattan!

BTW, did you know that ours is called "The Little Apple" and was actually settled by New Yorkers attempting to re-create a Manhattan in the midwest?:D

I grew up in KC and met a college exchange student from Africa several years ago. He was so excited to hear he was going to Manhattan, until he realized which Manhattan it was. :lol::lol:

How awesome to be able to be a blessing to them.:grouphug:

Manhattan, Kansas. Well, there you have it. Now I know. Still, that's kind of hike from Remudamom's, isn't it? My comfort zone is about a 40-mile radius - after that, it might as well be the Manhattan in New York.:D

I really don't know how far it is, I just assumed that she wasn't driving to New York.:lol: The driving here is pretty low-stress. Forty miles may or may not get you where you want to go!;)

That's so cool!

How did it work out for them?

Cat

Hmm, well, the name stuck!:D They did actually do a great job, considering they were founding a town in the middle of the "wild west.";) And every few years, on New Years Eve, the dropping of the "apple" here will be shown on TV along with the Times Square ball. Although, we're an hour behind NY, so they usually just keep showing the crowd and talking about "The Little Apple." You know, everywhere we go, we meet someone who knows all about Manhattan. (KS:)) On more than one occasion, though, I've met someone who asked where we were from, and before I could get the "Kansas" out, they exclaimed, "Oh! You're from the city!":lol: There's only one, right?

I grew up in KC and met a college exchange student from Africa several years ago. He was so excited to hear he was going to Manhattan, until he realized which Manhattan it was. :lol:

I grew up in KC, too, and I'd never heard of Manhattan until we decided to move here!

Driving 40 miles any where from my house is an exercise in madness. If I'm not holding on for dear life up or down I-95, I'm on the windy country back roads being tailgated by some maniac wanting to drive 70mph in a 45mph zone. Driving in northern Virginia is the definitive test of anyone's steel. I avoid it with a passion.

Yep, sorry, Manhattan in Kansas. It's about three hours from us.

Manhattan is a great little town. The K-State campus is BEAUTIFUL. Most of the buildings are made from limestone. It is big time lovely.

And I did go to the Walmart. Kids needed some light bulbs and a filter. The Sonic is good too.