Menu

How many people are on your Christmas list?

How many people are on your Christmas list?  

1. 1. How many people are on your Christmas list?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • more than 50
    • I don't celebrate Christmas, but I like to vote in polls.

I am thread happy today. And I'm having a deja' vu moment thinking I have already posted this. Sorry if I have.

Including your children, how many people do you buy Christmas gifts for? I know we have a fairly short list, but I'm curious to see where we fall on the spectrum. We have 18 people on our list this year, including the few people to whom I give baked goods and a picture of the girls.

I voted 6-10, but that's not right :lol:.

I buy for my boys & dh, and I buy for my parents.

But I didn't count the 7 teachers at an enrichment program that I gave cookies and small B&N gift card to, or the gymnastics coach who will get a plate of cookies. I also give cookies to 4 neighbors.

5 on my Christmas list, DH, DS, DD, and my in-laws, so I voted 1 to 5. However I also have a Hanukkah list which includes my parents, 2 gifts for a gift exchange we do with my family, my niece, so it is closer to 10, possibly even 1 or 2 more depending on how motivated I am.

We have a huge Christmas list. My husband and I each have four siblings and we all started having kids around the same time. So we have a lot of nieces and nephews to buy for. Also, our parents are living and some grandparents. We like to give a little something to close friends and neighbors. It's not always easy, but we enjoy giving, so we make it work.

We have 25, but that's partly because we enjoy exchanging small gifts with my sis and her family. She's got 8 kids, so that's ten people right there, plus our family of 7 makes it add up quickly. We also buy for our parents and my sis and my grandfather, dd's long-time boyfriend, and for the exchange students who spend Christmas with us.

Cat

There are the 5 of us

my parents (2)

his parents (2)

my sisters and BILs draw names, we buy for 2

2 of my dad's brothers (the other one doesn't exchange gifts, so 2)

my dad's sister + her two kids (3)

my nieces and nephew (3)

DH's sister and BIL (2)

I think that's it...so, 21? But, I voted 16-20 before I added it up, sorry.

That does not include gifts for instructors, baked goods for neighbors, etc.

We have drastically cut our list over the last few years. (And it helped that we moved out of state from our family.) Last weekend my dh and I were looking at pictures from past Christmases where we went "all out" with family and we are both so relieved to not be doing that anymore. It's just been a huge weight lifted, for us.

We have about 15. Ten of those are extended family who get a calendar and pics of the kids every year and the rest are dh and the kids who I shop for through the year. Easy peasy. (That doesn't include Sunday School teachers and such who get homemade cookies from the kids.)

Um, I had Christmas cards on the brain, so I accidentally clicked more than 50. Blush! That will teach me to respond too quickly.

I'm buying for about 14 people this year. It would have been 18, but the adults in my own extended family decided to draw names.

Kids (4)

Hubby (1 :) )

Best Friend's Kids (2)

In-laws (2)

Sister's Kids (3)

Parents, 2 Sisters + Husbands (only 2 because we draw names)

26, I think. At least half of those are kids on my side of the family. The majority is on my side of the family, as we do an assigned name exchange for gifts for the other side each year (it rotates each year, so one year I have one SIL and next I'll have the other SIL). Dh always has one or the other of his brothers to buy for, and we buy for 2 kids on his side of the family (that rotates too). Plus his parents = 6 people on his side each year. On my side, 8 adults, 8 kids, plus dh and our 2 kids. And me.

We give baked goods and White House Christmas Ornaments to all brothers and respective wives, great-grandparents and grandparents. We give baked and homemade goods to all nieces, nephews/cousins, postman, garbage men, neighbors, coaches, teachers, and a few others.

It's a long, long list :D