Menu

What's for dinner?

Mmmmmm.

Pork roast, new potatoes, candied carrots, rolls.

Wow. Now there's a meal.

Canned soup. Don't give me that look; I'm exhausted.

:grouphug:

Chicken gumbo.

Ooo. That sounds good. I've got chicken thawing (a huge package, so it won't be ready for tonight, but tomorrow. Got a recipe?:)

Roasted chicken and something-or-other.

Yum.

I just stuck a stuffed roaster (chicken) in the oven and plan on serving it with mashed potatoes and butternut squash (both from our garden) with a side of cranberry sauce (canned here, but the rest is home-made or home stuffed).

College boy is back and we're feasting. (Chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, mashed butternut squash & cranberry sauce.)

If you'd asked last night it was frozen pizzas...

We're having our Solstice Supper tonight.

Prime Rib Roast

Roasted potatoes, carrots and parsnips

Cranberry, orange, pecan, and romaine salad with red onion and berry-poppy seed dressing

Spice cake for dessert (I'm trying out a gluten-free flour blend in this one. *Fingers crossed!* It looks good just out of the oven.)

Well, this isn't very inspiring, lol, but I'm seriously considering making homemade (baked) french fries and serving them with a salad and some slices of cheese for anyone protein-desperate. :tongue_smilie:

It's a pretty pathetic plan, but I'm pregnant and exhausted and it's been a hell of a few days. Everything I can think of either sounds yucky to me, is too much work, or I don't have the right ingredients for.

Plus my children are all :willy_nilly: because we went to the mall and they were infected by the pre-holiday psychosis. :blink:

I figure it's better than making Christmas cookies and calling them a meal, which actually crossed my mind for a brief second of insanity. :lol:

We're having our Solstice Supper tonight.

Prime Rib Roast

Roasted potatoes, carrots and parsnips

Cranberry, orange, pecan, and romaine salad with red onion and berry-poppy seed dressing

Spice cake for dessert (I'm trying out a gluten-free flour blend in this one. *Fingers crossed!* It looks good just out of the oven.)

I changed my mind. I want to go to Audrey's house for dinner. :D

Leftover chicken soft tacos - filling was made in the crockpot yesterday. I got the recipe from another poster here. (chicken breast, a jar of salsa, some frozen corn, and a can of black beans - put all in crockpot and cook on high 4 hours)

:tongue_smilie: yum. will be trying this next week.

Well, it may be a little late for today, but this morning I put a pork butt shoulder into the crock pot with a little water and 2 envelopes of onion soup mix. That's been cooking all day and I will shred it and we'll have pork sandwiches for dinner, oven fries and corn and fresh fruit.

Black Bean Chicken Taco Stew

3 cans Bush's Black Bean Fiesta beans

2 cans Ro-tel

1 can Hunt's Tomato Sauce

1/3 cup taco seasoning

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (uncooked)

Mix first 4 ingredients together in a crockpot. Place chicken breasts on top. Cook on low in crockpot for 6-7 hours. Take chicken breasts out. Shred and then put back in the crockpot. Serve over rice or mix with some rice and shredded cheese and serve in a tortilla as a burrito.