Menu

To Heck With Them!

I've already made 2 different (x2/x3) batches of cookies.

All gone. Wolf is the main culprit, esp where the thumbprint cookies are concerned. :glare:

So now, I have cheesecake in the oven. I didn't get a single cookie, since I wasn't able to chew. Cheesecake I *can* eat though.

I think I'm gonna eat it all myself, and threaten to injure anyone that touches it.

I might not be so cranky if Wolf hadn't been snarly this am, but he was. So noooo cheesecake for him! *best Soup Nazi voice*

And the kids just don't appreciate it as much as I do :tongue_smilie:

And I really get ticked at having to rebake what I've already done b/c ppl can't restrain themselves from pigging out. I swear I'm going to quit baking for the holidays altogether.

Course, I think that every year....*sigh*

Rye, baby. I got incredibly sick on rum as a teen, haven't touched it since.

But give me a Canadian Club and Coke...*drool*

Seriously, how the heck does anyone manage to keep baking around until Christmas? Without having to rebake anything/everything? Safes? Chains and locks? Death threats? Christmas Eve bake-a-thons?

I really do find it frustrating. And expensive. And, considering the one armedness, a heck of a lot of work.

Rye is rye. :D Its just also used to make rye whiskey.

There's no safe place to hide anything in this joint. Btwn the kids, Wolf, and the animals (furry ones, not birthed or married to ones) they suss out baking in 30 seconds or less. *sigh*

Can't you just tell them not to eat it? Let them know it's for Christmas? If they don't listen, then go the bodily harm route.

Yes, there is no way around it. Hide them! I once was baking on the afternoon of Christmas eve (and our Christmas celebration is on Christmas Eve in the evening!) because all the cookies were gone. Not going to happen again!

How are you feeling aside from the holiday crazyness? :D

I would be rigging the tins with an electric shock system.

Tempting. But reality of it is, I'd end up zapping myself while setting it up, and looking like the Bride of Frankenstein.

Yes, there is no way around it. Hide them! I once was baking on the afternoon of Christmas eve (and our Christmas celebration is on Christmas Eve in the evening!) because all the cookies were gone. Not going to happen again!

How are you feeling aside from the holiday crazyness? :D

Sore, to be honest. If its not the mouth, its the stoopid arm. hit bed before supper last night, and already eying my breakthrough meds now, just from wrapping a few gifts.