Menu

I told dh that tomorrow after breakfast

I'm going to start drinking white Russians and baking cookies. Maybe I'll be able to ignore the mess that is piling up and finally get the Christmas cookies made. Otherwise I'll be making Easter cookies.

P.S. Dh will be home tomorrow so I'm not endangering the life of dd or anything.

I'm going to start drinking white Russians and baking cookies. Maybe I'll be able to ignore the mess that is piling up and finally get the Christmas cookies made. Otherwise I'll be making Easter cookies.

P.S. Dh will be home tomorrow so I'm not endangering the life of dd or anything.

Hmmm .... liking this idea ...

Oh man, I would love to come up and join you for that! Have an extra glass for this preggo mama...if I can't enjoy you, then you certainly should enjoy it for me LOL!

I get this joke in my inbox almost every single Christmas :)

Christmas Rum Cake

1 Tsp. Sugar

1 or 2 Quarts of Rum

1 Cup Dried Fruit

Brown Sugar

1 Tsp. Soda

1 Cup Butter

2 Large Eggs

1 Cup Baking Powder

3 Juiced Lemons

1 Cup of Nuts

Before starting, sample rum to check quality. Good, isn't it? Now proceed.

Select large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc.

Check rum again. It must be just right.

To be sure rum is of proper quality, pour one level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

With electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add 1 seaspoon of thusar and beat again.

Meanwhile, make sure rum is still alrighty. Try another cup. Open second quart if necessary.

Add leggs, 2 cups of fried druit and beat til high. If druit gets stuck in beaters, pry loose with drewscriber.

Sample rum again, checking for tonscisticity.

Next, sift 3 cups pepper or salt (really doesn't matter).

Sample rum.

Sift 1/2 pint lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown sugar-or whatever color you can find. Wix mell.

Grease oven. Turn cake pan to 350 gredees. Pour mess into boven and ake.

Check run again and bo to ged.

..ADN HALPIE HOLIGLAZE TWO YA'ALL!

You are reading my mind. I was just standing here at the kitchen sink (ETA feeling totally overwhelmed at what I need to accomplish in the next three days) wondering if it were really too early for a mimosa....

What I have actually decided to do it save all my baking for tomorrow. I'll start early...;)

Edited by AuntieM

Count me in.

What time do you want me to come over?

And is there any possibility we could skip the whole "baking cookies" portion of the day? ;)

Cat

well, I'm already exhausted and I'm just starting to bake! I bought myself some pear nectar (usually use apricot) to mix with some champagne to get me through. Mimosa as I bake, you know. I'm doing all I want right now because after the new year I have to start the candida diet. GAG. MAJOR GAG.

did someone say candida diet? :svengo: Maybe I will have a mimosa now.

You are reading my mind. I was just standing here at the kitchen sink (ETA feeling totally overwhelmed at what I need to accomplish in the next three days) wondering if it were really too early for a mimosa....

What I have actually decided to do it save all my baking for tomorrow. I'll start early...;)

:seeya:

Amateurs. Why do you think there are so many cookies, pies and cakes at my house???

:lol::lol::lol:

This is genius!!! I've been dying to bake, but have been dreading doing all the actual BAKING, if you know what I mean. We have some Bailey's in the cabinet just a-callin' my name. By this time tomorrow, I should be buried in sugar cookies. Sorry girls, no gymnastics this week!

Dh made up a big batch of hot buttered rum mix (Frugal Gourmet recipe) so I plan on drinking that while dh makes the xmas cookies tonight. (maybe I'll help a little) It's not a traditional hot buttered rum, but it's my fave xmas drink.:D

I think this is the recipe he uses (he has it in a book):

http://www.recipeslib.com/frugal-gourmet/61653-hot-buttered-rum-mix.html

Amateurs. Why do you think there are so many cookies, pies and cakes at my house???

Now that we've been called Amateurs, I want to brave the frigid weather tomorrow to hunt down the one store in town that sells my favorite wine.

Being a good example of a fun-loving teetotaler gets Very Old. Sigh. I'm German and Irish, so this isn't my natural state. :D Double sigh.

Plus, my kids are convinced (they did this by themselves, with no input from me or DH) that anyone who has a glass of wine is teetering on the edge of alcoholism. If I drink one glass, it with 4 kids peering at me, waiting for me to start dancing naked outside or something. Skyclad, one of my friends calls it. For me it wouldn't be such a pretty name, it would be Dancing with the Scars.

Edited by RoughCollie

I am proud to say that when I took out the iron to iron a JROTC uniform that turned out to be wrinkle -free (thank heavens), my kids wanted to know what it was.

RC

Wrinkled Sloth

:smilielol5:

Now that we've been called Amateurs, I want to brave the frigid weather tomorrow to hunt down the one store in town that sells my favorite wine.

Being a good example of a fun-loving teetotaler gets Very Old. Sigh. I'm German and Irish, so this isn't my natural state. :D Double sigh.

Plus, my kids are convinced (they did this by themselves, with no input from me or DH) that anyone who has a glass of wine is teetering on the edge of alcoholism. If I drink one glass, it with 4 kids peering at me, waiting for me to start dancing naked outside or something. Skyclad, one of my friends calls it. For me it wouldn't be such a pretty name, it would be Dancing with the Scars.

Me too! :lol:

It is never too early for a mimosa. It has fruit juice, so clearly it is for breakfast! I save the white russians for lunch though. They have milk, which is obviously a lunch drink. :D

:auto: (because ds is peering over my shoulder saying 'I want you to use the car Mommy!')

Sitting here, martini by my side (which DH made, gosh I love the new millennium!), catching up here. Drinking gets me through the wrapping which starts tonight. Hic!

No cookies for me this year, because my sis does my Mom's recipes better than I do. But, I am making Key Lime Bars and Brownies and decorating them with Luster Dust! I'll be sure to start baking after lunch so I can be one with you virtually. Can't start at breakfast 'cause I'd just say, "The heck with the whole thing!" :blushing:

Here is the advantage of being Presbyterian instead of Baptist. Episcopalian is good too.

Oh man, I would love to come up and join you for that! Have an extra glass for this preggo mama...if I can't enjoy you, then you certainly should enjoy it for me LOL!

I certainly will!

I shoulda known! :lol:

Oh, you are TOO funny! Parrothead and I live about 6 hours from each other. Let's go together!!!

Between the fruit in the mimosas you'll bring and the milk in the Russians we have a couple of food groups covered for lunch.

Oh, you HAVE to post on the progress tomorrow...of the cookies, I mean.

Will do! ;)

;) Make a double batch......of the white Russians. I'll be over early.:auto:

I'll save you space at the mixer.

And then come over and wrap my gifts, would ya?

Bring tape. :glare:

Bring tape. Got it. Hey did Aubrey ever find her envelopes?